Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

OC25SC65 or ???

I've got a project where I'd like to rear mount a tweeter in a hardwood baffle. The opening will be a 45 degree chamfer about 1/4 inch deep. I'll probably cross in the 5-6K range. The kicker is I need at least 90 dB at 2.83v. This would be an all Peerless project if I go with the OC25SC65.

I'm not that thrilled with the 3rd order distortion compared with other tweeters https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/measurements/vifa/vifa-oc25sc65-04

Any other ideas? Not a lot of space to hide a big flange or chamber in a 4 inch baffle width. I've already done a ton of projects with the ND20FB so that's off the table. I can't recall if the small AMTs have the same distortion profiles. The original tweeter was the Beston RT003C without the face plate until Craig dumped on it. :angry:

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails

Comments

• Solen has the Airborne 4001 which has a very good distortion profile.
    https://solen.ca/en/products/rt-4001

Other than that one, I have used the small flange XT25 and liked it a lot

Wolf
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited January 10

Peerless XT25SC40-04 has NO flange and is 91db.

EDIT: I have an extra pair of these. I'm not sure if there are distortion measurements out there, but I can take some if you want me too.

• TW030WA03/04 is an option. 4 ohm models, so sensitivity is there.

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited January 10

Are the lavoce ones any good? Such as TN131.00, TN100.70

• Wavecor TW013WA01 is a cute little tweeter. I could measure distortion if your interested.

• XT25 or DX25 BG with the faceplate removed and rear mounted to the baffle with the adapter for the WG 148 waveguide?

• Good options here. Thank you. The aspirational choice is the TW030WA03/04, looks like the XT25 variants would be close on the sensitivity and the TW013 a little to low. I like the AMT idea. I'd really need to keep the Airborne x-o high. I'm trying to decide if the rectangular opening fits with the design.

• edited January 10

@DrewsBrews said:
    Are the lavoce ones any good? Such as TN131.00, TN100.70

I used the TN131.00 in the speakers I had at InDIYana and SDC with the DIY sliced SB16PFCR-8s. I liked them quite a bit but they aren't necessarily better than the other ones being discussed.

• Ended up buying the TW030WA03. nice sale and great exchange rate :)

• edited January 12

I can’t find that model on Wavecor website.

• edited January 12

It's an "OEM only" model, not sure why Solen as some stock of them to be honest.
    http://www.wavecor.com/Navigation/oem_drivers.html

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.