Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Rival 7" plus XT25 in the visaton WG + recycled Polk cab

Comments

• Spaghetti form.

ScottSjr@machifisidekenrhodesRon_Etajanesjohnny5jzrjj45
  • Stereo-getthi

So far, I think it works.

Colonel7ugly_woofertajaneshifisideSteve_Leerjj456thplanetdcibel
  • They look great!

• So wonderful!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Anyone know if that adaptor plate will work on the standard Beastmode tweeter?

• edited March 5

@Tom_S said:
    Anyone know if that adaptor plate will work on the standard Beastmode tweeter?

I am using a similar adapter with the XT25 Beastmode and a Viston WG148
    Yeah, that's the one I use. Not too mush trouble to remove the faceplate from the tweeter.
    Pick off all the glue first, then remove the screws.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • @Tom_S said:
    Anyone know if that adaptor plate will work on the standard Beastmode tweeter?

It does, measured in previous page.

• Printed the somasonus 5"

Here it is without supports

The Dx25 fits nicely

It seems like it will drop in place of the visaton 148

Colonel7Steve_Leerjj45jr@macsilverDjohnny5jz
  • How long did it take to print that WG? How much filament did it use?

• I'd be interested in a pair of these, curious to see measurements.

I have a signature.
  • @rjj45 said:
    How long did it take to print that WG? How much filament did it use?

2:47 in the makerspace's Bambu x1 carbon. Weighted 83 gram of PLA+CF.

• Wow, that's a very fast print for an item that size!

• @rjj45 said:
    Wow, that's a very fast print for an item that size!

Yeah, I bet that is 15+ hours each on my Ender 5..

• Yeah, the bambu is fast.

a4eaudioSteve_LeesilverD
  • Care to share the 3D file for that waveguide?

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Care to share the 3D file for that waveguide?

I think I used the 5 no ps from:
    https://www.somasonus.net/scanspeak-d3004-6640

jr@mac
  • Well, the cutout needed for the somasonus is 10mm larger than what I have in the cab...
    That kind of sucks, might measure in different baffle just to see if I want to take the router to my cab again...

• Why not just modify the Somasonus WG diameter to match the Visaton 148? We know it will print fast.

• @rjj45 said:
    Why not just modify the Somasonus WG diameter to match the Visaton 148? We know it will print fast.

That is an option.

rjj45Steve_Lee
  • That should work. Around the same time it seems.

Steve_Lee6thplanet

• xt25 in the somasonus WG

• I think I'll call it done with the visaton WG:

tajanesugly_wooferrjj45Steve_Lee

• That should work.

jr@macTom_SPWRRYDjohnny5jz6thplanetrjj45tajanes
  • Wrapping inductors with tape...interesting, as I often unwind to get to the desired level but had just used the plastic ties. Thanks, I plan on 'borrowing' the idea for my next Xover.

• @tajanes said:
    Wrapping inductors with tape...interesting, as I often unwind to get to the desired level but had just used the plastic ties. Thanks, I plan on 'borrowing' the idea for my next Xover.

Yeah, got JF inductors and unwound them to spec, the air core has zip ties, but a bit of tape prevents my clumsy hands scratching them as well.

• I usually wrap my coils tight with blue painters tape then add a couple zip ties just so the tape can't ever start to peal back.

• edited March 21

@PWRRYD said:
    I usually wrap my coils tight with blue painters tape then add a couple zip ties just so the tape can't ever start to peal back.

Ok- painters tape vs electrical tape + and - ‘s? Or not really? I’d think electrical with a bit of elasticity might be a plus?

• Painters tape is designed not to stick. Electrical tape is designed to stay put.

• Maybe I’ve been doing it wrong all this time. I don’t even take zip ties off. I just push the wire through.

Steve_Lee