Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Forum Wishlist

Hit me up here with things you'd like to see in this forum (software wise) and I'll see what I can do to add or change them.
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Comments

• Does the chat icon in the lower right have to bounce up and down?
    I have a signature.
  • Bouncing is gone.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Can it bounce when someone is on or a new message.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • How do you delete a post you are writing?  looks like I have to save it to draft then delete it later, then come back and start a new post.

I got stuck in a quote box and wanted to start over.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Is it possible to edit your posts? If so I can't see how from my cell phone.
  • edited September 2016
    We have limited the amount of time allowed to edit a post, and that will not change. Issuing a correction in a subsequent post is a legitimate way to address errata. 

We limited editing/deletion privileges hoping to encourage pissed off people, or people who are generally assholes, to think before posting - because it will probably be forever. We have all witnessed time and again certain individuals posting deliberate attacks to provoke a response - and go back and edit their original comment. That behavior will not be tolerated, but to avoid unnecessary accusations of excessive moderation, we plan on leaving comments like that "on the books". 

Additionally, I believe we are working on a way (similar to Facebook) to display comments that have been edited within the time frame allowed for that. We really do not feel the need to encourage constant bickering and flaming, or enable individuals who cannot engage in polite discourse. One way of doing that is to make sure consequences occur - since I do not want to whip out a ban hammer. 

We plan on reviewing this approach periodically, but given how audio forums very often tend towards a couple people sniping at each other, I personally see a lot of value in discouraging bullshit in favor of transparency. 
    D1PP1Ngreywarden
    I have a signature.
  • I like this idea. I double posted once and asked anot administration to delete it but this will probably make me proof read my posts more. I usually use my phone for posting but the autocorrect puts some interesting words in places. 
  • From my phone, I can't see any way at all to edit (regardless of when I posted).
  • D1PP1N said:
    I like this idea. I double posted once and asked anot administration to delete it but this will probably make me proof read my posts more. I usually use my phone for posting but the autocorrect puts some interesting words in places. 
    Exactly why I wanted to edit. Either way, I'm sure people are smart enough to figure out what I was trying to say if I don't catch it when my phone replaces "than" with "that". I wish there was a way to shut that crap off in my phone; I like autocorrect for spelling, but I don't need the thing replacing words that are spelled right woth different words.
  • I wanted to delete the message I was writing before it was posted.  How do you do that?
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Other than keyboard controls like Ctrl + A  then Delete, not sure. The "save a draft" option is useful, but definitely cumbersome at times. 

JP - you got your ears on?
    I have a signature.
  • Is it possible to make the site black text on white background?
  • Is it possible to make the site black text on white background?
    As option maybe?  I find the current color scheme easier on the eyes. 
  • Yeh pett burns my eyes it's way too bright. 
  • Whiskey and cooking please!  =)
    jr@mackennyk
  • For the record I am listening here guys. I'm in recovery mode after the holiday (retail workload is a nightmare for holidays!), and I'll chime in with what I can and can't do here soon.
    jr@mackennyk
  • Take your time JP, everything is fine.
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • Added the ability to select between the Slate and Snow theme (Snow is a soft looking black on white). I'm still tweaking Snow a bit though. You can select on the left panel.
    kennyk
  • Wow, Snow looks good, except the forum rules still show up in Yellow !!!
  • For whatever reason I can't paste in this box via Android.
  • Also, once I turn on bold, I can't turn it off without refreshing the page or making a new post.
  •  I'll look into that Face. I'm on android marshmallow without issues, fwiw.

John, you want am  editor button to empty the contents of the post?