Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

In this Discussion

Who's Online (5)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Test Tracks . . .

edited January 22 in Related

. . . (From Tidal.com - High Definition (44.1 KHz, 16 bit CD Quality) . . .

Bob Dylan Man in the Long Black Coat

Kenichi Tsunoda Big Band Take Five

Boz Scaggs Thanks to You

Beth Nielson Chapman Walk My Way

Antonio Forcione Landmark

David Essex Rock On

Ghost Rider Make Us Stronger

Manu Katche' Keep On Trippin'

Stevie Ray Vaughn Tin Pan Alley

Gino Vannelli People Gotta Move (Need a sub/big woofer to really appreciate this recording)

GeoffMillar

Comments

• Joan Osborne covered 'Man in the Long Black Coat' on her first album, did a great job:

For testing I use music I listen to all the time, a mix of pop/rock, classics and jazz. I'll listen for the quality of things like:

Miles' "So What" (esp that cymbal crash);
    bass/drum combination in The Band's 'Up on Cripple Creek'
    sound of the violin in Julia Fischer's Bach solo Violin 'Gavotte et Rondeau'
    Overture to Carmen by Thomas Beecham
    drum sound on 'Hand of Fate' by the Stones;
    Sarah McLachlan's vocal on 'Angel'
    William Tell Overture by the Fritz Reiner and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra (best brass section in the world!)

I've also used the Chilli Pepper's 'Californiacation' (sp?) which I go on and on about because it sounds so harsh; so if it sounds OK I know the speaker is lacking in treble!

Geoff

Steve_LeeGowa
  • Dylan's 'Love and Theft' is a really nice sounding album, as is 'Slow Train Coming', the latter produced by Jerry Wexler.

The remastered Highway 61 and Blonde on Blonde are also pretty good. However, I find the live sound on Real Live rather muddy, which is a shame as it has such great songs and musicians.

Geoff

Steve_Lee