Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Comments

• edited January 24

Braking news: Dipole coaxial suffers from dipole coaxial issues!

• Probably not the best coax. Stated (expected) issues with both the mid cone shape and the tweeter interactions with its surround as contributors to imaging.

• Thing is, the rearward radiation measurements are not incorporated into the polar model as best I can tell because the reviewer does not use it. We all know the response will change with these not in tow. Look at the Statements for example. There is a broad trough in the on-axis response that fills in with the rear response. Without a long enough window, the mic will norlt pick this up.

rjj45Steve_Lee
  • Overall it is just not an impressive implementation of the coaxial driver. At almost $700 for the kit makes it even less impressive.

Odds are if they measured both units they would see a difference in the top end - there are known issues with that drivers tweeter component.

I have a signature.
  • edited January 25

Sound power is presented, no rear wave mid tunnel is going to fix that forward facing response, more likely that it is the cause for the response in 500-1kHz range.

Problem area is higher up in frequency than what that mid tunnel provides. It would be just as crappy of a speaker with a sealed mid chamber.

"Look at the Statements", where is information beyond on-axis response available?

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited January 25

The smaller Cx120 sucks, if the bigger one used in this is similar, then yeah, crappy tweeter and less than stellar mid.

dcibel