Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

One and a half hours to go race fans!

Rolex 24 Hours at Daytona starts in 1.5 hours... Been waiting weeks and weeks to watch some racing. That is all.

tajanes

Comments

• I'm here for it. IMSA and Indycar are the only reason we have Peacock. ;)

Gonna be real interesting to see whether the BoP adjustment to the Mustang was for sandbagging, or straight bullshit.

• Hell yeah!

• And a hell of a finish. I was rooting for Cadillac pretty hard, but Penske earned it, and I can't really be mad about that. Cool to see Risi win one, as well!

• I absolutely agree! Was rooting for the Caddy but ok with the Captain winning another. Was hoping for a little more out of the Mustangs but they're still learning...

Dirk
  • I'm a Porsche fan, so awesome to see them pull it off. That was some fierce racing!! 2nd place in GTDP not so bad.

Great IMSA is back at mid Ohio this year, looking forward to June😎👍🏼

Dirk
  • @6thplanet said:
    I'm a Porsche fan, so awesome to see them pull it off. That was some fierce racing!! 2nd place in GTDP not so bad.

Great IMSA is back at mid Ohio this year, looking forward to June😎👍🏼

Ditto on the Porsche (with a ‘sha’, vs the thing that hangs off the back of a house…ha)
    I used to really enjoy going to MidOhio when I was there!

6thplanet
  • I live an hour from Road America. My wife and I plan to camp a full race weekend there this year, but we can't make up our mind between the IMSA or vintage weekend. Old Porschuhs are cool, too.

• My Son and I will be attending another Road America race this year. Our experience last summer was so awesome!

• F1 tells Andretti no thanks, maybe try again if/when GM has an engine.

• F1 is just a bunch of snobbish A-holes. Their reasons were stupid. I'll stick to Indycar, Nascar, and NHRA.

• edited February 1

I count myself among the F1 fans, but this did, however, lead to the GT40…and the Ford-Cosworth V8

In the 2022 season, NASCAR averaged over three million viewers per race, the most they’ve had in four years. Meanwhile, the 2021 Formula 1 season saw an average of 70 million viewers per race.

That being said, I think an entry by Andretti / GM would have been a cool addition to F1.

6thplanet
  • I count myself among the F1 fans, but only a part-time a-hole…

Ditto. At this point, I think I'm still in it for Lando. And I'm enjoying watching the way Lewis has had to dig deep--and not in a schadenfreude way. I respect the way he just grinded all season long in 2023.

As to Andretti, I was thinking on where he might turn his focus. One thing's for sure, it's been 11 years since their last Indy championship, so there's still work to do at home.

tajanes
  • I still enjoy some of F1, when Max and RB aren't dominating every damn race. When they don't, I just feel they're sandbagging for the "good of the sport"
    Which is my main beef with F1, once a team finds as winning formula, it becomes very one sided until the sanctioning body changes things.

Unfortunately it doesn't look like Porsche is going to be a part of it again. Audi is still a possibility. That being said, go Ferrari!!

• edited February 1

Thinking Ferrari was a big NO on adding them in a new team slot, as they had nightmares of the GT40...

It would be great, but unexpected, to have a consortium (Andretti + GM +) just outright buy a team - costly, but then bring in a GM build engine- ouch B)

Dirk
  • Speaking of Ferrari...who had "Lewis Hamilton to Maranello in 2025" on their bingo card?

tajanes6thplanet
  • @Dirk said:
    Speaking of Ferrari...who had "Lewis Hamilton to Maranello in 2025" on their bingo card?

Reportedly $100m per yr contract (guess he’ll just have to cut back somewhere)

• I know, right!

• Ya know, still kinda sucks not hearing anything about Micheal Schumacher anymore. What fucked up turn of events.

• I realize there aren't too many NASCAR fans here but due to the impending California weather they have moved the Clash race to tonight. 7 PM on FS1. That is all.

Dirk
  • @PWRRYD said:
    I realize there aren't too many NASCAR fans here…

Thx for the update.
    I’m a fan of most racing, IMSA is probably my fav, I like seeing stock to the max (ok and beyond).

NASCAR is definitely a driver’s event as it and INDY are basically identical cars with different stickers.

6thplanet
  • Ditto. Can't stand roundy round.... unless it's on dirt. Late models and sprint cars are neat to watch.

• edited February 4

The only racing I enjoy watching is rural Rally racing.

Fun!

tajanesDrewsBrews6thplanet
  • I dig that too

Steve_Lee
  • Anyone watching the GT race in Bathurst?

• Stupid rain... Daytona races postponed.

• Rain smain, GTs are still running.

• Porsche FTW!! In PRO and PRO-AM🤘🏼

• @6thplanet said:
    Porsche FTW!! In PRO and PRO-AM🤘🏼

Tell me Paul Tracy screwed up more than just the once

• Honestly didn't know he was racing.