Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

last batch of drivers for sale before landfill

edited February 1 in Classifieds

I've finally dismantled my speaker projects and scrapped a couple of others that were in the planning stages. This has produced a last gasp of drivers that I would like to rehome before the inevitable. Our house goes up for sale in a few weeks, and then we wait for a buyer. Most of my audio stuff is either recycled or boxed up already but I will post here if any more stuff comes out of the woodwork.

FOR SALE:

pair of Dayton AMTPRO-4: I briefly tested one a few years ago when I was looking for AMT tweeters that could play low. The distortion performance is very good, but diaphragm is a bit large for the last octave, although due to rising response you can EQ it flatter. After testing I put them back on the shelf and did not get around to using them. Basically like new in original boxes. Asking half price with shipping included, $150 for the pair to your door.

8 pcs Peerless 8" 830869. This driver has low distortion and was perfect used four per side in one of my OB projects. These were always crossed over at 80Hz and never pushed hard. I do not have any packaging for these, so local pickup only. This driver platform is what the new Dayton SIG series 8" driver is emulating, but this original Peerless seems to be a bit better. How about $20 each or name your price? Testing of this driver can be found at HiFiCompass here:
https://hificompass.com/en/speakers/measurements/peerless/peerless-830869

Comments

• edited February 1

One more addition...

2pcs new in box JBL/Selenium 18" woofer 18WS600:
    https://jblpro.com/en-US/products/18ws600

At one point about 5 years ago I bought these with the idea of making a large format OB. These are a great woofer in that application, although they are not really in subwoofer territory. They have a smooth response that extends high in frequency (up to 2k Hz).

These are NIB and could be shipped as-is. Asking $100 for the pair plus shipping or local pickup.

Here is some info for shipping costs (each box):
    Gross weight 27.34 lb
    Carton dimensions 18.3 x 18.3 x 8.5 in

• Well, if I lived near you, you'd have my money.

• If I had the money right now, those AMT would be mine.

charlielaub
    I have a signature.
  • I have way too many drivers on the shelf and absolutely zero time to build anything, so someone please buy the amt's cause I'm not going to be able to resist much longer.

• If you find yourself in Grand Rapids area I would take a few of the 830869.

• What’s your zip code Charlie?

• @hifiside said:
    What’s your zip code Charlie?

Zip code = 48864

@kenrhodes said:
    If you find yourself in Grand Rapids area I would take a few of the 830869.

Unfortunately I don't get over there much. You MIGHT be able to convince A4eaudio (David) to pick them up for you. He is probably coming to pick up the JBL 18s for someone else.

kenrhodes
  • Well that answer my question.> @charlielaub said:

@hifiside said:
    What’s your zip code Charlie?

Zip code = 48864

@kenrhodes said:
    If you find yourself in Grand Rapids area I would take a few of the 830869.

Unfortunately I don't get over there much. You MIGHT be able to convince A4eaudio (David) to pick them up for you. He is probably coming to pick up the JBL 18s for someone else.

• edited February 4

Here are a couple of additional items that you can save from the landfill:

**FREE FREE FREE! ** QTY TWO of approx. 1.5cuft maple veneer subwoofer cabs mounted with Peerless 830500 12" XLS drivers. These were originally made by M&K and I got the cabinets (empty) in CA when they were clearing out old unused stock. I added a small MDF panel to cover the hole in the rear panel where a plate amp was to be mounted. The challenge with the cabs is that they have a rebated hole that is cut for the "old standard" 12" woofer frames e.g. that are no larger than about 12-1/8". This means that newer 12" woofers will not fit without some work, and I was too chicken to do that and possibly ruin the veneer, which is very nice looking (one has a small bit of tape residue on one side). These are free for local pickup and I would prefer to move the cabs and drivers together. BUT, if that doesn't happen I would be willing to part out the drivers (I still have the MFG packaging) and sell those alone free (plus shipping cost if shipped). The 830500 is a low distortion driver with a low Qts of 0.2. This makes it great in a small box with a PR, or in a closed box if low Q is desired. Fs=18Hz, Xmax=12mm. Lots of info on the web that you can look up.

NOT FREE BUT A GREAT DEAL:
    Two Adcom GFA-7400 power amps. These are 5-channel class-AB beasts of the Nelson Pass era, very well built. Power output is 100W/150W into 8R/4R all channels driven with only 0.025% THD. I don't want to ship them since they weight almost 50 lbs each. Asking $150 each, which is a total steal. David, if no one buys them send me a PM and we can work something out!
    Info: https://www.usaudiomart.com/details/649991052-adcom-gfa-7400/

• To anyone interested in Charlie's remaining items...almost everything listed above is big and heavy and thus Charlie has it listed as Local Pickup, which of course rules out most people on the forum. But other than that, the prices are ridiculously low.

I travel near Charlie's location most weekends and I will be going to InDIYana, Parts Express SDC (Dayton), and CSS Detriot. If there is anything in his list above that you are interested in but you can't make Local Pickup work and you will be going to any of the DIY events above, I can bring the items to you.

[For the Peerless XLS 12" subs, this assumes you work something out greater than $0 with Charlie. If they are still FREE and available, I might keep those myself.]

Steve_Lee
  • UPDATE:

Subwoofers are now gone. Also 4 of the Peerless 8" woofers are gone, with 4 still remaining.

kenrhodes
  • Both Adcom amps now sold. The Dayton AMTs and four of the Peerless 8" drivers are still available.

• I have been eyeing those woofers for years. Damnit someone save me from myself.

• @DrewsBrews said:
    I have been eyeing those woofers for years. Damnit someone save me from myself.

How about we revise this to WOOFERS = FREE

That's right, they are free when picked up here (or via David?).

• I'll take the woofers since I'll be coming by anyways

• if anyone wants the Dayton AMTPRO-4s claim them before this weekend. @charlielaub if no one else claims them I'll take them for the $150 you're asking.

• @DrewsBrews - if you want two of the Peerless 8's just PM me and I'll bring them to you

• @a4eaudio said:
    if anyone wants the Dayton AMTPRO-4s claim them before this weekend.

Scratch that. I'll take the AMTs.

• That leaves just the four Peerless woofers now...

• edited February 7

@charlielaub said:
    That leaves just the four Peerless woofers now...

I claimed those about 4 posts up.

• Hi Charlie, if you are referring to the Selinium woofers I am interested if David can hold them for me till Indiyana

• Ani, I already claimed the Selenium drivers (through a PM) I offered them to Brad, but he never really stated he wanted them. So if your interested, you can settle up with Charlie and have David pick them up for you.

• oh, ok, nevermind then... wasn't clear what was left out, looks like everything is spoekn for.

• I think David is coming this weekend to gather up the loot. Either way he can get the JBL/Selenium pro 18 woofer and the eventual owner can pay me once that is all figured out. Let me know. Thanks.

• Looks like I'll pay you tomorrow👍🏼

• OK, everything is gone or spoken for at this point. Thanks!

jhollander
  • Charlie, thank you for your generosity. I know that myself and others had gotten some really good deals. Hope things go smoothly for your move.

jhollandercharlielaub