Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

What's spin'n? (physical media)

edited February 9 in Related

A couple days ago I listened to "The Wall" on vinyl all the way through for the first time (latest pressing). Quite the experience

I currently still have the Faux Pas setup as main L/R. Growing rather fond of them for their dynamics.

Tonight I spun Kokoroko. London based band that I'd consider Jazz but with a hefty Afican flair. Leans nicely into the brass and bass guitar.

What are you spinning? (vinyl, tape, reel, optical, etc?)

Tagged:
Steve_Leejhollander

Comments

• The hard drive platters spin in my NAS ;)

Steve_Lee6thplanet
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • edited February 9

I should have just posted here instead of my old thread! Listening to Kansas Leftoverature tonight. Somehow I ended up with 3 copies of it and unfortunately none are in great shape.

Wolf
  • Picked up a 3fer of Firefall recently. I'll be checking those out maybe today.

• An old copy of Dexter Wansel “Voyager” is spinning tonight. I bought this when I was in HS and I’m surprised it’s still in great condition.

Steve_Leehifiside
  • The turntable on that album cover looks cool . . .

• Got a new stylus for one of my old Shure cartridges today. Listening to John Cougar Mellencamp right now. Not bad shape for a Goodwill LP.

• No physical media spinning, but revisiting an old favorite right now - Bat Out of Hell. Love this album.

I have a signature.
  • Well technically, the hard drive is spinning, so...

I have a signature.
  • Grabbed a random record off the shelf tonight, and this is it.

jr@mac
  • A record that I got in a lot that was given to me. Kind of an early punk rock.

jr@mac
  • Hit the flea market this weekend...

Wife wanted the Poison, later found out that's a banned cover, so bit of a collectable. Basically gave $60 for all of them.

Tom_Sjhollander
  • Lol my wife tells me she had that one when she was younger but suspects one of her family members stole it.

6thplanet
  • edited March 12

Realy awesome live recording.

This would be a perfect alternate intro song for Goldeneye!
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=ZJSQxbedplM

Probably my favorite.
    https://youtube.com/watch?v=V6HaijesNEE

IMO there aren't any stinkers on it. Would have been amazing to see live.

Steve_LeeRon_E
  • I think you nailed it with that 1st link - definitely something bound for a Bond move sound track.