Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Tell us a story

2»

Comments

• edited February 18

The red curve. The Earthworks M23R is manufactured to be within +/- 0.5db from somethign like 9Hz to 23Khz without a calibration file. What I was working on was creating a calibration file for the Behringer, which does not come with a calibration file. Once I am done, the Behringer should be able to measure SPL nearly as accurately as the Earthworks for typical speaker measurements. As noted above, the Behringer is limited in the loudness it can measure and has higher self-noise.

• OK - thanks for the clarification/detail - sounds like a good study/project.
    Looking forward to your results.

• Yes, and that will be part of my study. It is a more capable microphone, but for just crossover design my hypothesis is that we don't need a lot of that capability. Also, I did buy it to be able to take better distortion measurements.

@a4eaudio

Thanks for going down the rabbit hole of measurements microphones, so we don't have to! :#

Have you got a driver with no datasheet that one particular mic/interface can characterise better than the others?