Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Tekton Troubadour Review

Comments

• What a cluster!

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • If you don't like my products, I'll sue you till you love them.

rjj45Steve_Lee
  • edited April 16

I see faults on both sides.
    I have not watched anything else by him but I must say I really didn't care for this one. Seemed like I was worse off for having watched the review. The tone seemed overall forced and negative. I bet there is someone out there who likes the sound. He doesn't make any attempt to figure out what music it does best with or anything like that.

For Tekton side. Being an a-hole right out of the gate is not a good look.

Steve_Lee
  • If I'd been threatened with litigation I'd sound forced and negative too. I'd recommend watching just about any of his other reviews to get a better idea. Erin has been around audio DIY long before he bought a Klippel and started his Youtube channel. He's really no different than us except he's gone in whole hog. My only complaint is his reviews and interviews are a bit long. You can always go to his website and look at the data.

• Was that review before or after that communication? I thought it was before.

• Ok I must have misunderstood. I thought he just replayed the original review Instead of a remade one.

• I watch all of Erins stuff when it comes out his original review on those was pretty nice.

• All of the above?

• Don't know about "B", but I would go with "A" and "C" from my vantage point.

• There are quite a few companies which use the threat of legal action to try and prevent negative comments or reviews, one of which is well known to audio enthusiasts.

In Oz, for example, there is one car company which makes reviewers sign a legal document to the effect that they won't say anything negative. Other companies simply don't provide cars to people who give negative reviews.

Geoff

• Lest things get too carried away and I get a nastygram myself.... Let's go ahead and close our chapter on this discussion and move on.

Steve_LeeWolfGeoffMillar
    I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Lest things get too carried away and I get a nastygram myself.... Let's go ahead and close our chapter on this discussion and move on.

Agree