Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

RS T-120 Woofer

edited April 21 in DIY

I have a pair of RS T-120 cabinets to repurpose. About 1.6^3Ft. gross to work with. Will have a mid chamber of sorts.
I have a pair of Gradient AXT-10 woofers with these measurements. Fs 31 Hz, Qts .277, Qms .2116 Qes 5.664 Vas 3.44^3Ft Le .849. That is what the WT3 spit out. Ported
Or sealed with a MCM 55-1215, no measurement but here are the factory specs. https://www.farnell.com/datasheets/3686237.pdf
Or woofer someone else would recommend off the cuff.
The cabinets will need to be beefed up. The ATX-10 is one meaty woofer but will not dig too deep.
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Perhaps the Dayton Designer 10".

I have a signature.
  • @jr@mac said:
    Perhaps the Dayton Designer 10".

@Mitchell_Cote - I have 4 of the DSA270 (10 inch aluminum) that I haven't measured TS parameters on. If you look at their specs and consider them, I can measure them so you can compare some actual measurements to the mfg specs. (But it will have to wait until next week).

• Dark horse option is the 10" GRS poly cone "subwoofer". The 8" makes a fine woofer, the 10" is probably no different as far as that goes. Has reasonably flat response out to 2K, 8.5mm Xmax, works awesome in a sealed enclosure (may have to plug the Realistic port). Only $30.

I have a signature.
  • Hell, you could probably get away with the GRS sealed back midrange - a driver which punches about six classes above its weight class as evidenced by its performance in the 8" 3-way that demoed at Indy last year.

Steve_Lee
    I have a signature.
  • I was thinking more along those budget lines. That's why I through the MCM in the mix; there is a pair on Ebay.
    I picked up the AXT-10 on clearance so it is cheap.
    I have a pair of NE256-08 that will work. If ported the little RS port will have to go.
    Thanks for the input. I was curious what someone else might do. There are a number options.

• Definitely go with the Vifa if you have a mid and tweet with the chops to keep up, SQ wise.

I have a signature.