Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Ft Wayne things to do

Specifically curious if there are any taphouses worth checking out somewhere near the hotel? I get in around noon Thursday, so have a few hours to kill before check-in.

I have a signature.

Comments

• I can't (obviously) answer your question but I should be there about 1:30-2:00 EST totally dependant on the Chicago traffic mess...

jr@mac
  • I plan on taking a Lyft from the airport, and probably stop for lunch somewhere. Then I'll either find something to do or wait in hotel lobby until check in time.

I have a signature.
  • edited April 22

I'll text you when I get around the mess called South Chicago... I-80 + I-90 + I-94 all smashed together!

• Oops! I just saw you said you are getting in on Thursday. I won't be there until Friday. Sorry for my confusion.

• Sweetwater sound is a good place to hang out

6thplanetSteve_Lee
  • Place is a musicians paradise. I didn't make it over to the cafe, but there is food. Apparently there's a big ass slide too!

• I have only been once last year with my brother. He is a guitar player. I am not a musician, but it was very impressive. I did not see a big ass slide but I do not doubt your words.

• I am not sure if I would recognize an ass slide if I saw one though.

• Sorry, I think I should have put the emphasis on big

Steve_Lee
  • @Eggguy said:
    Sweetwater sound is a good place to hang out

Wife and I stopped there a couple years ago, love that place!

I have a signature.
  • My wife went down the slide - I declined lol.

I have a signature.
  • Weak!! 😛

I didn't have time. We stopped in right after leaving Saturday last year, had 30-45 min to run through the place.

• Well, I don't drink, but Mad Anthony's is there. There seem to be many more.
    The Zoo, Botanical Conservatory, Science Central, Museum of Art, Classic Stereo, Wooden Nickel music store, Auburn has the ACD museum (cars), more?

If you are open to dinner Thursday, I'm still game. Lunch I won't have enough done yet and will likely eat at home.

• Any awesome things for the kiddos to do? Will be dragging them with me (8 and 4)

• I'll see what my time looks like - I will using Lyft for transportation and do not want to rack up a bunch of money in that respect.

I have a signature.