Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Help me put my LCR booty in order please

We gotta have crossover parts. But how should we organize them?. I'm not sure if I want cases or parts drawers. I'm thinking cases that I could stack on a shelf. I don't have all that much, yet. New guy need advice.

Comments

• I just have a hobby style plastic divided organizer. Lucky they are not all in a bag.

• @Eggguy said:
    ... I don't have all that much, yet. ...

My only advice is get what you will need in the future vs what you might need today. I bought several little storage trays for beads and filled them up pretty quickly and replaced them with storage trays by Akro-Mills from Amazon. If you want the little bead boxes for now I'll bring them to you at InDIYana and you can have them.

I now have 3 of these Akro-Mils bins...

rjj45
  • Tower of power, Stanley Sortmasters.

Still not enough space.

Just be cautious of stockpiling parts. It gets away from you faster than you might think.

ScottSrjj45
    I have a signature.
  • I'm cheap, so I use the long narrow ones from Harbor Freight for caps & iron core inductors. $4.99 each on sale. I have a plastic toolbox for bigger inductors/coils. I'm still looking for a better solution for resistors than the old, cheap Plano organizers.

jr@mac
  • Thanks, I am going to show these pics to my wife to prove that I am not that bad. Bad, as in good to the extreme.> @a4eaudio said:

@Eggguy said:
    ... I don't have all that much, yet. ...

My only advice is get what you will need in the future vs what you might need today. I bought several little storage trays for beads and filled them up pretty quickly and replaced them with storage trays by Akro-Mills from Amazon. If you want the little bead boxes for now I'll bring them to you at InDIYana and you can have them.

I now have 3 of these Akro-Mils bins...

Thanks a4e, I'll buy you a beer.

• I have a double sided Plano for resistors, and only recently exceeded that one.
    I have a couple Husky stackers from HD for large parts, and the biggest Plano I could find for most everything else. This was good for awhile.
    Unfortunately, I also have a metal Husky tool box for coils, and 2 to 3 cardboard boxes for the rest of the stock pile. I bought a lot last summer when some businesses closed up, but the price was right.

• I use these for prototyping. You can usually get them at Home Depot around Christmas time for $12 for two.

• I spy a Vee-Dub

• @PWRRYD said:
    I spy a Vee-Dub

Yeah, I have like eight of them. wanna buy one. Lol.

• edited April 25

Those bring stupid money for what they are. :)
    On a different note I once saw one run 11 sec 1320, pretty cool.

jr@mac6thplanetSteve_Lee
  • I had a couple of VWs after I had to sell the Chevelle.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • You big cigarette smoking, Chevelle driving, Audiophile! :p

6thplanetjr@macSteve_Leea4eaudio