Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Thinking there has been prior builds / prior art ? (corrected)

Comments

• That's curious, looks exactly like MLTLs as descibed by Ausgpurger 60 years ago. What's the novel improvement that warranted a patent?

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited June 6

This looks like a port at the end of a transmission line… this post was dated 2013-03-13 diyAudio Forum

Which makes this (I believe) public disclosure / public use

• edited June 6

https://patents.google.com/patent/US11917361B2/en?oq=11,917,361+
    This application was filed: 2021-08-12

Not like there’s a USPTO rule; 2001 Duty of Disclosure, Candor, and Good Faith [R-08.2017] or anything… Oh, snap.

I’m sure it all passed muster as a novel improvement

• It's an MLTL, called something else. Marketing patent development.

rjj45
  • edited June 7

@Wolf said:
    It's an MLTL, called something else. Marketing patent development.

'Better sound through marketing'... think this strategy has been borrowed from another consumer electronics co... ha

Analogkid4556thplanet
  • US Patents have been first to file since 2013. If the claimed invention was in the public domain before filing, then it shouldn't have been allowed and is not a valid patent. At this point, that would become an issue if the patent owner ever tried to enforce it.

Keep an open mind, but don't let your brain fall out.

Sehlin Sound Solutions
  • edited June 8

@ScottS said:
    US Patents have been first to file since 2013. If the claimed invention was in the public domain before filing, then it shouldn't have been allowed and is not a valid patent. At this point, that would become an issue if the patent owner ever tried to enforce it.

You are correct. I should have stopped at prior art.