Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Satori Textreme tweeter

Has anyone heard or worked with these? Thoughts?

Comments

• Heard them a couple times now. Nothing offensive ever from them, and just enough detail. They would not be for those favoring the bright or extra detail crowd.

Analogkid455
  • I've also heard the Seas TPCD tweeter, and I might favor it over the Satori if both were in my price range. HiFiCompass has 3rd party measurements on both models. I liked the old TLabs carbon fiber model too for that matter. I'd like to see Dayton bring out a fiber dome to match the MMAG cones, but i somehow doubt that will ever happen.

Analogkid455
  • I have the seas tpcd tweet which is coming to sdc2024, picked it up as a Vance review sell off. Didn't jump out at me at first, but after a couple of days with it, it is definitely something special. For a side note, Vance also commented he like the seas offering over the satori textreme subjectively. I love the titan alum/mag seas tweet, similar wow but the tpcd is touch more relaxed and probably more to my 'if were stranded on an island' pick. Though i think for retail dollar amount the H1825 satisfies me very much so. I think in DanP's other thread about "tweets are boring", the seas new Seas's ones do change my perspective. Planning to build out a wavecor 3 way but using that H1825 on top - eventually, been content and not really have any more needs/wants.

Analogkid455
  • I really like the Titans a lot as well. I feel they are the closest sounding tweeter to the old RS28A in the current market that I've come across.

Analogkid455
  • @Wolf said:
    ...I feel they are the closest sounding tweeter to the old RS28A in the current market that I've come across.

Just to rub it in...I have three pairs of the old RS28A's on the storage shelf. One is for sure for Continuums, not sure about the others. Whenever I've seen them on eBay or the classified I've grabbed them.

rjj456thplanetAnalogkid455
  • I still have 2 pair myself.

• edited June 27

@a4eaudio

Woth your new microphone, What the first resonance of the RS28A?

• @tktran said:
    @a4eaudio
    Woth your new microphone, What the first resonance of the RS28A?

I won't have a chance to measure anything until after SDC.