Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Some help

Hey guys, I need some help. None of my design software is working on my computer. I guess it's time for an upgrade but money is tight.
I want to use the SB Acoustics SB16PFCR25-4 as my car speakers. (2014 Hyundai Santa Fe Sport) I will leave the stock tweeter as is for now. Maybe change it later, maybe not.
I would like to create a simple low pass at about 2.5K - 3K for the woofer to integrate with the stock tweeter.
https://sbacoustics.com/product/6-sb16pfcr25-4-paper/

Comments

• How far off axis are you?

• I'll measure and get back to you.

• At most, a single coil could be used because of your relative position in the vehicle and how they rolloff when off axis. No BSC required due to in door. To be honest, I would likely try them full range and see how they sound because of this. If you want some more rolloff, I would think a 0.5mH coil would be plenty.

• I think that little peak at 5k is the only issue..I think.

• That peek is smoothed out at 30deg and gone at 60deg. I wouldn't worry about it unless it sounds bad. Chances are it is not a problem for your application.

Analogkid455jr@macSteve_Lee
  • @kenrhodes said:
    That peek is smoothed out at 30deg and gone at 60deg. I wouldn't worry about it unless it sounds bad. Chances are it is not a problem for your application.

Good point.

• Get a couple of those foam baffle cups to protect the driver. I don't feel like a PFCR would last very long without one. Car doors are notoriously hostile places.

Steve_Leerjj45Wolf
  • Not bad advice but considering OEM drivers are often made of lesser quality materials I don't think this it is neccisary. My only real concern would be if the glue was up to the task of the extreme temperature swings (most are).
    Some car manufacturers have a shroud over the back of the speaker that stops debree from falling straight down but few enclose the back.