Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (7)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Advice on Vehicle-Specific Wiring with eFPGA for Aftermarket Stereo Installation

I’m currently working on an aftermarket stereo installation in my car, but I’ve run into some issues with the vehicle-specific wiring. My car’s system integrates various features like steering wheel controls and a backup camera, and I’ve heard that cars with CAN bus systems can be quite tricky when adding aftermarket components.

I’m also exploring the possibility of using eFPGA to help with signal processing and maintaining the functionality of these factory features. Has anyone here tried using eFPGA for similar car audio installations? Specifically, I’m curious about:

How effective eFPGA is in preserving factory features like steering wheel controls and backup cameras during aftermarket installs.
What eFPGA setups or solutions have worked well for you in handling complex vehicle wiring systems?
Are there particular vehicles that present more challenges when using eFPGA in the installation process?
Any insights or experiences would be greatly appreciated!