Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Peerless DX20BF00-04

Decided to throw a pair of these in the last order from PE. At the price, why not. I think I am going to match them up to either a pair of Zaph 5" or maybe another pair of Audible Physics 4". Anyway, I will try to take FR tomorrow. The impedance profile looks pretty good. I was not expecting the under 3ohm impedance though. Build quality looks to be pretty good and the Fs is darn low for a 3/4" dome.

Comments

• Poorly tuned rear chamber, but otherwise looks ok.
    I have a signature.
  • I liked it over the ND25 crossed at 3K.  Easy to work with.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Odd question but, wouldn't it be possible for one (or more) of us DIYr's to experiment enough and come up with a better tuned rear chamber?  I don't know, just seems doable.  With so many different sized pvc pipe diameters and caps and a little epoxy it seems possible.  Maybe a bit more or different damping material?  

I think that's sort of how Dave P started his journey with making waveguides.  Cheap trial and error to find what works and what doesn't.
  • Absolutely Craig! These are cheap enough that destroying one is a non issue. These are all glue, no screw construction so it aint gonna be easy. 
  • I thought the DC28 might be worth improving.  I still have my cheap airborne tweeters I tried running with no chamber... 
  • DLR actually did mod a (current) Gen 4 Silkie, and it did improve its specs and operation. Wool for damping, etc.
  • I do remember that now that you mentioned it.  Maybe I'll do an open back silkie...
  • You know, ive never taken a tweeter completely apart just removed faceplates and diaphragm.