Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New drivers from Dayton Audio

Aluminum cone Designer series. I was very disappointed in the SQ of the 4" and 6.5" DS, but with the addition of a copper shorting ring and a (hopefully) better cone on an otherwise solid motor design, I have high hopes for them.

http://www.parts-express.com/Search.aspx?keyword=DSA&sitesearch=true

I ordered a pair of the 6.5" since the paper version and I had lots of time together before I threw them in the garbage. 

I will post a build quality thread when they get here, and will work on a design with them at some point if they appear to be worth a shit.
I have a signature.

Comments

• The pricing is nice and it seems like they are good in small cabinet volumes. 
  • I didn't model the bass at all, but by graphs alone I bet the DSA215 could do an LR6 just under 2k to a capable tweeter.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Hehe silkie... 

I have an extra pair of RS28A sitting here that, if the DSA175 is worth a shit, will be a good match for them.
    I have a signature.
  • I'm looking for a cheaper equivalent to the anarchy drivers I need 4 for an mtm with this diysoundgroup rs28a waveguide. The 8" is $25 each cheaper with 4x discount. A slightly smaller driver might be fine as well but figured why not go as large as possible on the woofer. I have a 1cf pair of cabs ready to go so imuch shooting for about that size. 
  • DSA215 19L @42hz. Not too bad. The 5" doesn't look to cross above 2k ish area.
  • Mine will be here tomorrow.
    I have a signature.
  • My buddy Mike is now considering a pair per side of the SDA215s. 2 cubes, fb at 40. Modified neo8 (don't know, he bought those from Jeff B), neo 3 maybe. 
    JasonP
  • My buddy Mike is now considering a pair per side of the SDA215s. 2 cubes, fb at 40. Modified neo8 (don't know, he bought those from Jeff B), neo 3 maybe. 
    That sounds like a nice build!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."