Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Vifa NE149W-04 rising response

What would be the best way to level out the rising response on a driver ? Ive thrown a few components at it but still has an increase in response as it moves up in bandwidth . The measurement I posted was near field.  Thanks for any input 
https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/264-1082--tymphany-ne149w-04-spec-sheet.pdf

Comments

• Not sure how to remove double post . MOD can you please remove one of the two . 
    Thanks

• Hmm, that doesnt appear to cross as high as i anticipated it would. Is this with the crossover installed? 
  • Is this on a baffle with baffle step? You should measure on a baffle and then try to tweak the response. Might look very different on the baffle or run it through Edge or baffle boundary similator
  • Measured response with out xover 
    D1PP1Nkennyk
  • Measured response with out xover 

Is that a near field in box measurement again? Looks reasonable. Throw about a 1.5mH coil in   for baffle step, and you should be good.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Yes sir , that was near field on baffle . I might mess around with it some more tonight , I think I have a 1.5 coil actually , Ill sure give it a try.