Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Vifa NE149W-04 rising response

What would be the best way to level out the rising response on a driver ? Ive thrown a few components at it but still has an increase in response as it moves up in bandwidth . The measurement I posted was near field.  Thanks for any input 
https://www.parts-express.com/pedocs/specs/264-1082--tymphany-ne149w-04-spec-sheet.pdf

Comments

• edited February 2018
    Increasing the value of the series inductor in your low pass circuit is usually all it takes. It'll rise a fair bit more than what you've shown once you add in the baffle step.

R-Carpenterkennyk
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I think my favorite way is to  use a an inductor plus a second order cap with a resistor, aka damped second order.  The resistor plus cap allow you to shape the knee to create LR4's and LR 2s, plus you can reduce the size of the inductor for a less expensive cap and resistor
    R-Carpenterkennykrjj45
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Don't design your LP filter based on a near field measurement.  
    R-Carpenterjr@mac
  • Thanks guys , proof of concept still messing with it . Hump at 5 k needs to go.
  • Is that an AMT tweeter?

I have a signature.
  • You could do a mild parallel LCR to tame 5k.
  • The tweeter is the vifa ne ceramic , looking at the response ,I could see why one would assume AMT though. Ill try an LCR tonight when home , Ill post measured response when done 
  • What microphone and calibration file are you using, Nick?
    I have a signature.
  • Johnny , it's the same old behringer ecm 8000. I think it's one of the first batches pe sold , got it the same time I bought my first version of sound easy. It's an oldie. I'll see if I can dig up the cal file here in a bit.
  • Three tweeters , vifa ne ceramic and silk that JR gifted to me. The red/pink/purple is BC25SC for grins. I did change out the amp to a nobsound thinking I messed up my other amp , turned out I hit a channel setting in REW since the nob sound was behaving the same as the old amp when measuring. All good now but still running the nobsound amp. The bass and treble on the nobsound are midway on both. Need to get the gumption to switch back over to the old amp but have my mind on other things , had an attempted house break in caught on camera last Thursday that I cant seem to kick or get off the mind at the moment.Figured dinking around with speakers might help but ...... 
  • Swapped the amp back out with the old amp and that seemed to smooth things out quite a bit in the 5k range. 

• Kept messing around last night and came up with this using the vifa ne149 and the tymphany horn loaded BC tweeter. The current xover iteration is at 3800. Ill have to listen to music on it today and see how it sounds.
  • That rise above 3k is probably not real. Lot of capsule mics have a smiley response. You may end up padding tweeter quite a bit more. 
    I have a signature.
  • This is with tweeter polarity reversed and tweeter padded, pretty much where I left it since last night.