Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Yeah I won a pair of DSA's!

First time I've won something from PE.  From the photo they posted it looks like they'll be the DSA175-8.  But that could just be the photo they grabbed for their post.

Comments

• Congrats! I never won anything from them. Rory sent me S/N 0002 of the iMM6 when they introduced it, though, so that was cool. Works great. 
    I have a signature.
  • Congrats! Post measurements!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Man I've got too many projects going right now.  I just received my quad of "Famous Maker (DS90)" drivers for a tiny MTM.  3.8 L to be exact.  Cute little drivers for $8
  • Nice going, now don't post it in the classified too soon. =)
    ............. could you hum a few bars.
  • My DSA175 are at home right now, hope to have a few minutes tonight to grab some T/S and take some nice pics. 

Sadly, will be running away right after work tomorrow for a fun-filled weekend at Mall of America  :#
    ThumperTom
    I have a signature.
  • I already have a project for these.
  • I won a pair too.  The PM from PE said they were the 6.5" version.

Ron
  • Awe man, I went back and looked at my PM from PE again.  Mine said I won a par of  Dayton Audio Designer Series Aluminum Cone Full-Range drivers.  Looking at their website, they call all of the drivers in that series "Woofer" except for the DSA90-8 which they call "Full-Range".  So I guess Ron gets the 175s, I get the 90s, and the othr guy gets ????
  • Craig ask for something different if you do the want those. Or if you can  throw in a few dollars for something you will actually use. 
  • post the measurements, guys!
    Man, I never win anything at these give aways.
  • Definitely will post measurements.

Man I forgot how much fun it is to build small speakers.  My last few pair were either large, complicated, or both.  These little 4 liter 1/2" ply boxes are almost done (only 3 days).
  • My pair of DSA90-8 drivers arrived today.  I have to say that the new aluminim cones look extremely nice.  The frame is still the thin stamped steel pos, but on the smaller driver like this 90 it's not a big deal.  I remember though how careful I had to be when mounting the larger DS135.
  • same cones as RS Aluminum or do they look different?
  • Do not appear to be as heavily anodized - but it has been awhile since I peeped an RS driver.
    I have a signature.
  • I ended up getting the DSA215-8 8" woofers.  I posted my initial measurements on the PE forum. http://techtalk.parts-express.com/forum/tech-talk-forum/1298048-my-dsa215-8-prizes

Ron