Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

SEAS 27TDFC rated ohm

I thought these were a 6 ohm tweeters? I hooked one of the tweeters up to a Smith and Larson woofer tester ( JR's old unit , thanks again BTW) and this one is probably more like a 4 ohm tweeter. 

Comments

• That doesn't look anything like the manufacturer's data. Are you sure you've calibrated the woofer tester correctly? Have made known good measurements with it?

I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I'm not trying to bash SEAS, or comment on their quality, but my 27TBFCG I picked up used measured very far off from spec. Could be an age issue, maybe these drivers aren't aging well. Dunno.
    Nicholas_23
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Im not sure how to calibrate the SL unit , I will have to look that up. I do have a LCR meter , would it be worth testing with that? 
  • If it's the WT2, it's chapter 3 of the user guide. Don't blame the tweeter until you're confident with the operation of your test equipment.
  • Took the LCR to it , it measured 4.6 ohm fwiw
  • Wonder if the ferro fluid could cause this? drying up
  • Took the LCR to it , it measured 4.6 ohm fwiw
    What did you learn from that?
  • Nothing more than a few minutes of my time with the LCR meter , thanks for your reply 
  • Well the spec resistance is 4.8 Ohm, your LCR measured 4.6, and the 10Hz measurement from your WT was 3.2 Ohm, so you should have learned that one of your measuring devices is wrong, and that the tweeter is probably just fine.

• Correct , so back to the woofer tester