Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Move to Vanilla 2.5.1

edited May 2018 in Support
As of April I had to move the forum software to a new version (2.5.1) for security fixes. This has created additional issues that need resolved. I'm posting this thread to document them and the progress in addressing them so everyone knows what is going on. The top three bugs:
  • BetterNotifications stopped working. This plugin upgrades the email notification system so that only one email is sent when a thread is acted upon, instead of one email per comment. It will not email again until you read the thread.
  • Link targets changed/not working. Links should open in a new tab/window.
  • Theme style/color. This is an ongoing fix, I still want to increase the font size some on desktop and need to tweak colors.
  • Uploading non-images is broke. I still don't know what is going on. I created a test forum with the same version of vanilla, same configuration, etc etc. and that all works but this forum doesn't. In progress.
  • Mobile theme sucks. The mobile theme is back to default. I'll need to make my own. I'll do this once the desktop theme is complete.
I think that is all the obvious stuff. Feel free to comment below and I'll add more as I see fit.
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Comments

• As of today, the creator of BetterNotifications fixed it. So that one is done!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • I thought that links would open in a new tab in the old version?
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Good catch John!
  • Ok I hacked a fix that makes all links in posts go external. The downside is even internal links to this forum will open in a new window if they are inside a post/comment.
  • JasonP said:
    Ok I hacked a fix that makes all links in posts go external. The downside is even internal links to this forum will open in a new window if they are inside a post/comment.
    Not a big deal Jason , Im not going to lose any sleep over it. Thank you so much for keeping this forum up and running ,sir. Next time I run into you the bottle or the cans are on me.