Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Paul Simon vs. the World

edited May 2018 in Related
I grew up on a bit of Graceland, but it is interesting to hear the behinds the scenes complicated situations in music:

https://www.theringer.com/music/2018/5/10/17338512/paul-simon-career-songs-life-biography-robert-hilburn
= Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."

Comments

• Nice history, btw I grew up next to Graceland...
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • He has quite the body of work and great recordings. He didn't look too good the last time I saw him on TV. I hope he is in good health. 76
  • One of my all time favorite artists.  Nobody was quite as good at composing music that would enhance the potency of his lyrics IMO.  Whether solo or with Garfunkel, every song on every album he's ever done has merit.  Even the soundtrack to One Trick Pony is amazing.

Dan
    Gowa
  • I just picked up a 5 CD set of Simon and Garfunkel - The Columbia Studio Recordings for $6 at Sal Army. I'm very happy.  Paul Simon is the real deal.

Ron
  • "Call me out" is a bit hokey though, ain't it?
  • I'm not familiar with a Paul Simon song by that name.  If you mean "You Can Call Me Al", it's one of my favorites.  

Dan
  • I guess I didn't know the words that well...
  • Jason- thanks for the link! I'll check it out tonight.

"Rhythm of the Saints" was a great one too. I also like "You're the One" - a bit darker mood on some songs, but the production is very good.
  • Wolf said:
    "Call me out" is a bit hokey though, ain't it?
    The overplay it received on radio and the cheesy video with Chevy Chase worked against it, but in the catalog of Paul Simon songs it rates a B+.   (as for the cheddar joke, you're welcome!)