Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Put it right in the Pi Hole

edited May 2018 in Reviews
  Had a Pi 3 sitting around, and some spare time so I figured I'd mess with it. Its not audio related but still a cool cheap DIY project. I installed DietPi and set up Adblocker on the device. Super easy and there are destructions on the youtubes. This honestly took maybe 30 minutes from start to finish , most of it is hurry up and wait while the Pi is updating and installing what it needs to function. You can inject this into your LAN and then point your rooter to use the IP address of the Pi as your DNS . So basically once you have the IP address of the Pi , statically assign the IP address on your rooter and then tell the rooter to look at the IP address of the Pi for your DNS settings.
  Its up and running and Piholing all sorts of shit in the log files. Im still messing with it , I have not had and issues with the security cameras (knock on wood) and or any other entertainment devices on the LAN such as the kids gaming system or other media devices as of yet. Still tinkering with it. You can whitelist and blacklist sites as you see below on the left dashboard . When I was going through the logs , it was interesting to see the different "google" entries getting the "fuck off" and then killed. This was all installed on a 4gb micro SD as well . Ill update as I mess with it some more. 

JasonP

Comments