Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

4.75'' Alu/Ceramic R120-ACB-04

edited June 2018 in DIY
Is there any interest in this driver? This would be the same routine as the 8''. The MOQ is too high for me to order from Rival and RAD will be closing at the end of June. So, through my local connections, I found a way around it. There are three versions of this driver and this is the one I'm after. I seen the distortion number and they are stupid low.  I'm guessing they will be between $50-$60 each. :) It's a 4 Ohm driver with copper cap and alu ring. You know the drill.

Revc= 3.3  Ohm

Fr=   76.000 Hz

Sd= 54.000 cm²

Vas=   3.000 L

Cms=    0.68 M/N

Mms=   6.500 g

BL=   4.000 T·M

Qms=    9.600

Qes=    0.643

Qts=    0.6000

Le=   0.082 mH

SPL=   88.50 dB (2.83V/1m)

Continuous Power = 50w (IEC 268-5)

I'm also trying to get another driver which is the same size but is Magnesium coated aluminum.

Cheers,
Leon

Best Answers

• Answer ✓
    I'll go for a quad of these
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Answer ✓
    Yep, put me down for a quad as well.
    I have a signature.
  • Answer ✓
    Must resist....
  • Answer ✓
    Email sent.
    I have a signature.
  • Answer ✓
    I shouldn't, but wish I could!

Answers

• For those interested, email us si I can put you in the Q.
  • These would be the perfect mid for the R223's that just arrived yesterday!
  • These have a ti former. It looks like the ones I'll hopefully getting have a fiberglass former.
  • I missed out on these, huh?
    I have a signature.
  • Not yet. I'm still waiting. He will get to me soon.
    konfyoused
  • So what's the deal with the R120s ?

I just went to the RAD site and the R120s are listed, but sold out.
    Did I just miss the only chance for these?

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • What ... the RAD site is back?  Just a few days ago I checked and it looked like it was done.  Gowa are they staying open?  They have some woofers I'd love to have but it's still going to be a while before the funds are there.        
  • I'm getting these through a local manufacturer. My understanding is that they have arrived at his facility and I'm waiting for him to contact me.
    That driver has a couple of models. One has a titanium VC former and the other has a fiberglass former. I want the fiberglass one. It also comes with concave and convex dust caps. I can't make too many demands because he is doing me a favor and I don't want to bug him. I'm also working out the price with him. It looks like they will be close to $60 ea. I hope that price is acceptable, if it is not, please let me know. I tried to get them for $50, but he wouldn't go for it.

I'm told that I can get the 30 units that I asked for. Most of them sold to locals within a day, but I held some for you guys that requested them and a couple for me. Patience.
  • Kornbread said:
    What ... the RAD site is back?  Just a few days ago I checked and it looked like it was done.  Gowa are they staying open?  They have some woofers I'd love to have but it's still going to be a while before the funds are there.        
    RAD will be closing after this weekend. We ran a huge sale with 50% off everything. We needed obtain special permission from Rival to do this. They would only give us until today to run the special. If you need something, send me an email and I'll try to accommodate. I have a negotiating meeting with Rival next week. 
  • Thanks for the update.
  • Update:
    The supplier just started production on his job. This should take a few days to run. When he is close to finishing up, I should be able to grab the Alu/Ceramic drivers I requested. 
    konfyoused