Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Ohm walsh 4

I picked up a pair of these for 50 bucks. The cabs need a little work but not bad, mostly a couple chips in the vaneer towards the bottom. Here is what they look like under those cans. One tweeter and one woofer . Woofer down fires into the huge bottom cab. Lots of dog hair , I cleaned most of it off.

Comments

• Those are cool, brother.
    I have a signature.
  • Thanks , figured for 50 bucks Id take a chance on them. They really have some decent low end. All of those cylinders mounted behind the tweeter , I believe are Lamps/Bulbs that are tied in with the Xover. There is another Xover board mounted in the lower cabinet with legit components , nice coils and decent caps. I'll see if I can get decent pictures of it. I'm a sucker for vintage stuff , couldnt pass these up. Oh , there is also a stamp on the tweeter difusser or whatever that cardboard thing is , Feb 18 1986 , might be 1988
  • This is the other board thats mounted in the bottom cab. I think it does more contouring than anything , non the less , theres some copper in there for sure. 
  • Way cool, man!  I also am a sucker for vintage speaks.  This is one of the legendary ones.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Thanks , and the company is still around! I hooked them both up tonight , these things are bad ass . Been listening to some pet shop boys , metallica , and whatever 80's music I can throw at them. Really happy for the 50 bucks I spent on them. 
  • Half ass tempted to see if a small AMT might work in these? I think the orig xover crosses the domes over at 8 k