Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

CSS LD22 Tweeter

I'm thinking about using the CSS LD22 tweeter with a waveguide. This tweeter is available with a choice of "Flat" or "Curved" face plate styles. The tweeter also doesn't appear to have any screws for removing the face plate unless they are on the backside which would be unusual. The best idea I have come up with so far is to add an extension piece like a 2nd face plate over the existing "Flat" version tweeter with a flared opening that aligns to the existing horn shaped profile. The next option would be to completely machine off the face plate and mount the tweeter behind a waveguide like whats usually done. I'm looking information from someone who my be familiar with the construction of the tweeter or have utilized it with a waveguide.

Shawn   

Comments

• I have the flat faceplate. The tweeter is glued into the faceplate.  The faceplate creates a recess around the dome about a 1/4 inch deep.  I've had good results by making the opening into the waveguide slightly smaller than the faceplate opening.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • We assemble these in-house, so we could ship them out unglued for those that want to use them with a waveguide or other alternate mounting methods.  This option is not available on the website, but we can be reached at info@css-audio.com if interested.

Dan
    dcibelgreywardenrjj45jhollander
  • Haven't measured or tested this yet but css did design a waveguide. Hopefully i will within the next 2 weeks. Ill make a standard baffle and the WG one and see what the changes are. 
    cssaudio1
  • Thanks for the help guys!