Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

FS ► Hygeia Electron Co. - AMT's and Planar Ribbon tweeters

I have for sale AMT and planar ribbon tweeters, made by Hygeia Electron/Electrical Co, LTD.  Excellent build quality, consistency, and performance, very low distortion.

Also available to those who purchase tweeters are extra diaphragms as well (for purchase).

Speaker Specifications as per the manufacturer:

As you can see, my AMT's have an extra nice machined aluminum bevel on the faceplate, not available anywhere else.

MASSIVE heatsink

Extra Diaphragms

Everything is brand spanking new.  Original receipt:

Current quantities available and Prices (quantities & prices subject to change!):

I know I won't get many sales here based on the participation of the group buy, but still worth a shot.  =)

rjj45jhollander

Comments

• Hygeia RT-62041

Very tricky to get consistent in-room results with this one due to the high sensitivity, but this shows a rough idea.

Frequency Response 2.83V/1m 

Unit-to-unit consistency is quite excellent.  Unit #3 & #4 are now gone, on their way to Norway, I'm keeping a pair, but I still have the rest (3 pairs).  Listening to it right now X'd-O at 1600Hz using two strategically placed medium-wide-ish-Q notch filters on the DSP together with the 18 Sound 10NDA610.  I prefer this technique as opposed to attenuating the entire passband to match up the tweeter level to the midbass, as it preserves the low-end if done properly, IMO.  Definitely has usable output to under 2kHz, even though they're rated down to only 3kHz.  Listening to Prong's "Beg to Differ" album right now, sounds killer, even just from Youtube. 

Hygeia RT-50021

Frequency Response, 2.7-ish V /1m, two units.  It was just one of those days that I didn't feel like dialing in the exact 2.83V.

Responds very well to horn loading.

Hygeia RT-4001

Also responds well to horn loading (rudimentary mounting, without any kind of throat matching for the 4001):

Hygeia RT-20051

Hygeia RT-1101

Hygeia RT-1104

• I like the distortion graphs for the 1104 - Q - what did you use to generate those plots? 
    Q: could you post 2nd and 3rd distortion for the 4001 and 5002?  
    I"m realizing that odd distortion, even at low levels, messes up the clarity.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited September 2018
    I have 3 pairs left of the 1104's if you want any.

I save raw data from my Omnimic V2 as I'm taking the distortion measurements.  It allows me to save a Text file which I then open as a CSV spreadsheet with all the dB values (fundamental, 2nd-5th HD).  I open the CSV file with Microsoft Excel, then I apply the conversion formula within the spreadsheet to convert the dB values into percentage values.  Those percent values I then plot using Excel to generate the graphs I've posted.  Sorcery!   B)

• Um, I liked the 1104 distortion graph look, not so much the values.  :#
    Now, however, I know your "secret" process. I think these graphs are much more readable than the stock
    Omnimic distortion graphs. It always bugs me that I can't change the line color or weight in OM. Thanks for sharing. 
    Good luck on the inventory reduction sale. 
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Yea it doesn't have AMT-like distortion performance that's for sure, it's just a cheap little 1" spiral ribbon tweeter.  The 4001 is a much better tweeter overall.  I've sold a few 1101's and 1104's on Ebay and on the car audio forums.
  • 10% off Sale (not on shipping) until 11-2-18 :)
  • I'm seriously digging a test box with a 4001 and Rival R176-CP woofer. No complaints, but I might go to a MTM and a Visaton WG as a test.
  • If it's good enough for commercial $20k speakers, it's good for us too! :)
  • Bump for the Holiday Season! :)