Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

3D filament $20

I know some of you have 3D printers . Not sure if this is a good deal or not but will post for those interested

Paramount USA via Amazon offers Prime members the Paramount 1.75mm 1kg 3D PLA Filament in Caribbean Coral for $19.99 with free shipping. Deal ends August 31.

Need more? You can also get three for $56.37 or six for $107.95 via coupon code "BUELLERR".

Comments

• That's roughly the going rate for PLA filament. It doesn't store well so ive been buying as needed. 
  • 10-4  , yeah I wasnt sure if it was a good deal not. 
  • From what i have read. The filament takes on moisture and is biodegradable. I guess if you dont unbox it it should keep if out of the sun. 
  • D1PP1N said:
    From what i have read. The filament takes on moisture and is biodegradable. I guess if you dont unbox it it should keep if out of the sun. 
    This only affects printing, AFAIK. Moisture in the filament leads to oozing of the print, and resultant deformation. I bought a bunch of rechargeable desiccant packs on amazon and I'll report back later on my success/failure storing PLA in sealed bags.

(I bought quite a bit of Dikale PLA on amazon lightning sale for 12$/kg)
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • From my "gun safe in the basement" experience, even cheap desiccant can be recharged by simply heating it on an old glass cooking tray in a conventional oven.  I've been using the same couple pounds of stuff for probably 20 years, just baking it dry in the fall and in the spring.  About 240 F for a few hours is all it takes.
    JasonPS7910D1PP1N
  • Huh, I didn't know that Craig, thanks! The packets I got change color when they are saturated and recharged.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • A big thumbs down on that dikale PLA. First spool was great, second suffered from breakage, and the third wasn't wound properly leading to trapped filament and failed prints. I'm trying Inland PLA+ now from MicroCenter, which is supposedly quality eSun rebranded.
    R-Carpenter
  • I typically use InLand - didn't have any issues so far.... but not sure how well they age...
    JasonP