Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

PE's service is still great!

edited September 2016 in DIY
A couple of weeks ago I ordered 6 of the famous maker 3" DS90.  I only need 4 to build my tiny MTM project, but adding the extra two bumped my order to $102 so free shipping (yeah I'm a sucker for that).  Anyway I finally had a chance to open all six boxes to measure the T/S.  Uh oh!  Two of the six had slightly bent frame flanges.  I called PE yesterday morning and they emailed me today that two replacements (no charge of course) are on the way and they don't want the bad two back.  To be honest I can probably straighten them enough to use them.  Worst case I would have to rear mount them.  Long story short, tech talk isn't what it used to be, Jeff Stahl seems like a total d-bag, but their customer service is still great.
Facejr@macisaeagle4031D1PP1NJasonPkennykThumperTom

Comments

• Craig, not to dis what you said, but every Company I'm involved with is a reflection of the owner pres, ceo.  If the pres. is a dick, the way they treat the customers and employees is the same.

Linde has been +1

My .02

John
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Good point John.  Maybe Jeff is actually an ok dude but he should just refrain from posting on his own company's forum???

I don't get your Linde +1 comment.  
  • I thought your were working for Linde/ BOC?   They have been good to work with at our site, so I'm thinking they are a decent co.
  • I think PE service is beyond reproach - but Stahl did come across as a d-bag on his "stop making links and stop whining about the forum and you guys are a bunch of teenage girls" posts. 

Face
    I have a signature.
  • Agreed, but what I thought was insightful was one comment to the effect that his employees told him not to post.  

I've had the same experience, told not to respond but did anyway... :/