Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Peerless TC9FD18-08

Put the TC9 in a sealed box 5W 9T 8D. Baffle step of 6db at 1k and this is what you get. I did this as an exercise in measurement and tuning so please tell me what I did right and wrong.
Measurement is on axis 1m.

Thanks.

Comments

• Not a lot you can tell from this.  My comments would be look at the impulse response to see if there are any reflections in the 5.0 ms gating (probably not).  I'd raise the SPL level as at that level would my measurements probably see my refrigerator  :)
    I'd change the smoothing to 1/48 for x-o work.
    Might as well take a near field so you can see how the response changes for the baffle.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails

• from the same measurement as above.
      What DB should I be measuring at? Or should I be measuring at a output voltage?
    I will leave the system set up and measure again tomorrow. 
  • Probably about 85 dB to drowned out the noise floor.  You should also shorten your gate to about 2.75 msec.

• 1/48 smoothing 6db BSC 2.8msec gating. Looks respectable for minimal effort. Anything else I should try, in terms of measurement or filter network?
  • Might try some off axis to see the changes, but you need a turntable to rotate about the front of the baffle. Try the near field after you break the set up down and adjust the gating to "all"
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails