Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Group buy, anyone?

2»

Comments

• Well-designed mineral filled poly cones can sound quite good. I lean towards ‘paper’ for cones, but I also like good Kevlar ones. I think Rival gets their Kevlar and Carbon materials from Japan. I know they have a 7’’ Kevlar that hovers around 50 Hz with about 90 db. 2.83v.

• rjj45 said:
    Maybe it's an age thing, but poly=plastic always seemed cheap fake and well plastic.  Aluminum= airplanes and rockets.  Paper= airy, light as a kite.  Carbon fiber= composite sports car fast. Kevlar =cut resistant, bullet proof.
    Yeah, it's 8:00 on Friday night and I'm typing a note here...
    That used to be my feelings/thoughts also, then Jeff Bagby pointed out world class AT (sorry, can't remember what the initials stand for) mids/woofers have poly cones, and high end Morels have poly cones. I have yet to hear either of those, those.  Correction - ATC mids/woofers

https://store.acousticfrontiers.com/collections/speakers/products/atc-scm19-v2-large-stand-mount-speakerCorrection -- ATC mids/woofers 
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • edited November 2018
    JR my comment was meant to be snarky but after I read it again it seems so, sorry about that.  I was trying to say I was looking for some user experiences.

Any way the Cirrus White is probably going to become my chocolate cake project.

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I used the RS180P-4 and I liked it a lot. Not sure in a two-way though, but as the bottom of a three-way, very nice.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • I’ve been following along on this. I’m looking for a much better woofer than the SB17NRX35. There nice, but low end extension is not. Anything beyond Xmax and there noisy.
  •  SB17NRXC35-4 specs look good for a 6'' woofer at $60 a pop.