Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Winter project - multiwaves of goodness.

Multiwaves, get it? WAVEcor and ViaWAVE? Oh man, I'm clever. I won't actually name them that - but I do like to have a working name on projects. 

This is one of those projects that uses drivers that are more or less NLA - the Wavecor are the Nomex version, and Solen shows one in stock for a pretty good price. 

Sooo.... will begin preliminary cabinet design soon, with a focus on diffraction and excursion control. As I am finding with many small woofers, the T/S parameters are slightly weird. The 4" HDS from Peerless, for example, models with a sweet vented F3 but the excursion models indicate excellent cone control below tuning. I believe John Hollander saw that in the 4" aluminum version as well. The 4.5" Vifa currently sitting on my desk are the same way, as were the Peerless branded 4.5" buyouts I used in Emoticons. It means they can take a much, much bigger beating than their size would indicate - and is one of the reasons (IMHO) why certain small speakers sound "bigger" than they are. 

Anyways, nothing physical will be happening with this project for several months, just wanted to show the drivers off  :)
I have a signature.
D1PP1N

Comments