Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Black Friday deals

So what is everybody lining up for on Friday?  :p 

But seriously - we have Black Friday here in Canada now and judging by last year I would say that there are better deals than boxing day on all kinds of stuff. Solen does a "make us an offer" sale - I might try and pick up a few things. And get some more of my favorite underwear, because the boys need to be comfy ;)
kennyk

Comments

• I'm working on trying to get some drivers. I should know by Tuesday.
    squamishdrocrjj45kennykThumperTomjhollanderWolf
  • Hmm, it would be interesting to see if Solen does any more Wavcor sales.  Other than that it looks like a new Dell desktop on Friday or Monday.
    squamishdroc
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • edited November 2018
    Emotivea has a few items on clear out that are being discontinued. The e-go portable DACs are super cheap now.

I'm probably not buying much this Friday, spent my money on a vacation next March and just bought a sweet ass monitor for my computer. BenQ EX3501R is a treat!
    squamishdroc
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Don't really get in to the crazy shopping.
    May be elk steaks for an exotic dinner?
    squamishdroc
  • Those Emotiva DACs are a steal at the discount price, just saying.
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • JasonP said:
    Those Emotiva DACs are a steal at the discount price, just saying.
    None left....
  • I might keep my eye out for a large HD (4Gb).

Ron
    rjj45
  • Cyber Monday is here and I found a 4GB WD HD for $99.99 with free shipping. While I was at it I picked up a Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD for $55.99.

Ron
  •  John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I got a new saw:

https://www.homedepot.com/p/RIDGID-15-Amp-Corded-10-in-Heavy-Duty-Portable-Table-Saw-with-Stand-R4513/100090444?cm_mmc=Shopping%7CG%7CBase%7CD25T%7C25-9_PORTABLE+POWER%7CNA%7CLIA%7C71700000044155732%7C58700004615424082%7C92700038837660390&gclid=EAIaIQobChMI7q3Rlqby3gIVxWSGCh2pygddEAQYASABEgLxJ_D_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

As much as I’d like an industrial one with a big table, they are too speedy and too big. I have had great luck with rigid tools so figured I’d give this a go. Lifetime warranty is a bonus. Anything should be better than my 1990ish menards brand saw that can only cut a few pieces in a row before the motor smells funny!
    Gowa
  • I went to BestBuy on Black Friday, picked up a WD external 4TB Passport HDD going for $119 -- but the cashier line was way to long and slow, so I left. Went to Target the next day and found the same exact drive for $89. 
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • We usually find great deals here.
    http://www.tigerdirect.com/
    JasonP
  • I was able to buy some really nice 5000 Lumen LED shop lights for $12.49 each!  So I picked up 8 of them :)
  • PWRRYD said:
    I was able to buy some really nice 5000 Lumen LED shop lights for $12.49 each!  So I picked up 8 of them :)
    Nice! Can't ever have too much light in the shop.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Yes.  Two of them right over my work bench is just perfect.  4 of them are slated for the garage to replace four 4' double bulb T12s.  The other two will be an upgrade to the laundry area.
  • Because there is a little cowboy in all of us , picked this up for a good price , 109.00 plus ffl fees. Dont say anything , its for the boy. When I hit his age I was gifted an Ithaca single shot .22 lever action , shot the hell out of it and still have it. Next purchase will be the 22 mag for the pistol , and its cheap enough . Just means different ammo to buy . 
  • IIRC, Midway had some 22 ammo that was almost pre-scare price.  Although that is going to be a lot louder, when I was a kid I always preferred the 22 rifle over the shotgun because it was so quiet and didn't kick at all.         
  • Remember when you could buy a 500 brick of 22LR at Walmart for $4.99?   :'(
  • Just bought a 22LR Henry replica lever action. Its a fun little shooter. Pretty heavy with the octagon barrel holding it up not supported. 
  • I'm a big fan of the Ruger Mark IV 22/45 pistols.  I have an older Target model.  My goal has been to get a brick through the pistol in one session   :)
  • My dad has a few of thise rugers. He loves them. One has a bunch of upgrades. Ill ask him for a pic. 
  • You can get all kinds of skeletonized tube kits and fancy wood grips.  I've got volsquarton trigger kit I have yet to put on.  You can get silencers for them if you have the time and money...
  • I wanted one of those rugers but ended up with a Browning buckmark due to price , was cheaper