Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Wavecor WF120BD02

edited November 2018 in Classifieds
*sold*

Wavecor considers these a 4-3/4" driver. 8 ohm. Nomex cone. NLA, not sure why. Mr. Krutke measured the 4 ohm model and it was not found wanting.

I broke one in, here is the TS:

Loudspeaker parameters:

Fs  = 56.55 Hz
Re  = 6.49 ohms[dc]
Le  = 49.83 uH
L2  = 303.19 uH
R2  = 4.31 ohms
Qt  = 0.53
Qes = 0.58
Qms = 5.85
Mms = 7.57 grams
Rms = 0.460259 kg/s
Cms = 0.001046 m/N
Vas = 4.30 liters
Sd= 54.11 cm^2
Bl  = 5.464763 Tm
ETA = 0.13 %
Lp(2.83V/1m) = 84.08 dB

Added Mass Method:
Added mass = 20.00 grams
Diameter= 8.30 cm

Do some modeling, impressive bass performance for a small driver. 

Typical Wavecor build quality, very nice looking drivers. I just have too damn many drivers and as much as I love these little guys (effectively new, by the way) I am starting to accept that I will *never* use 90% of the stuff I have, if not more. As such, these gotta go. 

$65 shipped to the 48, Paypal. 
I have a signature.

Comments

• Fantastic drivers, but Zaph measured the BD04 paper cone 8 ohm model.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • Your right, good catch. I suspect performance is similarly excellent.
    I have a signature.
  • YGM
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Which address did you send it to?
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    Which address did you send it to?
    here, on this board. But sometimes I'm not sure if I sent a PM as I desired.
    I'll try again. In any event, I'll take the Wavecors 120s
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Thank you!
    I have a signature.
  • jr@mac said:
    I just have too damn many drivers and as much as I love these little guys (effectively new, by the way) I am starting to accept that I will *never* use 90% of the stuff I have, if not more. As such, these gotta go. 

If you ever decide to part with your pair of Motus midwoofers, let me know ;)
    jr@macrjj45
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I missed these.... DO NOT POST over a major holiday....!
  • ani_101 said:
    I missed these.... DO NOT POST over a major holiday....!
    For once I got "lucky", but now I won't have the money when he DOES post the Motus.  :o
  • dcibel said:
    jr@mac said:
    I just have too damn many drivers and as much as I love these little guys (effectively new, by the way) I am starting to accept that I will *never* use 90% of the stuff I have, if not more. As such, these gotta go. 

If you ever decide to part with your pair of Motus midwoofers, let me know ;)
    Hopefully there is a silent auction. Just saying 
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • rjj45 said:
    jr@mac said:
    Smart move. Those are really nice drivers.
    rjj45
  • Gowa said:
    rjj45 said:
    jr@mac said:
    Smart move. Those are really nice drivers.
    Still keeping my eye out for any announcements for Rival 12-15 cm mid woofers. just sayin'
  • I hear you.
  • Got them tonight. Real beauties!