Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Two pairs of tweeters

Vifa/clone? Ring radiators with schnazzy copper colored nipple. 

Here is what I know about them:

Note the 1.5Ohm  they are actually fairly well-matched, but a mild resonance from the chamber. Chamber issues never stopped people from loving Morel and Seas tweeters, though. Probably a nice tweeter above 2500.

The ribbons out of the Monoprice bookshelf. Probably best used as a super tweeter above 5K. Comes with a free bit of glue where the cheapass capacitor was glued on. Probably made by Audiopur - I understand they do a ton of OEM stuff  plus they are virtually identical with the exception that the Monoprice is truncated. 

The Audiopur branded on on the left looks different in the horn section, but that is a lighting artifact. 

The mounting hole pattern is identical, the texture on the faceplates is identical, etc etc etc. 

In-box with a single capacitor:

A second order highpass would probably flatten things out nicely and might even suppress some of the rising distortion below 5K a little better - but I still wouldn't use it under 5K. 

$25 shipped for both pairs, I gotta declutter.
I have a signature.

Comments