Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Who's Online (7)

Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Modifying B452 - John H. you got your ears on?

When you modded your B452 with the ND28 tweeter - did you have to make any additional sawdust for the tweeter to drop in? I am considering several options (I need speakers for my desk at work), but want to be able to tear one out in a short period of time. 

Also - woofer cutout a pretty standard 4"? I have the buyout poly woofers that will probably work, but might buy something else if it will drop in. 

I have a signature.

Comments

• Hey JR I'm traveling so I'm a bit slow lately.  Any who, the ND28 is smaller than the existing tweeter.  It's so small I filled in the tweeter hole.  The woofer hole is tight for the CF120, but It's a cast frame.  See attached.

I've got some 4 inch stamped frame TBs that looks closer and they can use the existing B452 tweeter.

If you have a decent 4 incher the existing tweeter would work as a super tweeter from maybe 4K.  I've attached the FRD

John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • BTW, I'm not a big fan of the ND28 crossed low @ 2K, It sounds much better over 2.5.

I can bring it to Iowa if you want to here it.

• I think I may leave the factory tweeter in place and upgrade the woofer with the Orevox buyout, it seems to model pretty well in that little box and should play high enough to meet the factory tweeter good enough. 

Thanks for the legwork on these, John - I have had a pair in my cart for months and months now.
    I have a signature.
  • I've got another pair as mentioned above I'm moding and I also picked up a pair of B652(?) for $10 at the tent sale.