Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Copper plating

edited May 2019 in Announcements
Any fellow speaker geeks have a connection for copper plating?

Comments

• I recently shopped around and it looks like copper flashing at Home Depot was one of the best values.
  • edited May 2019
    I meant like having a piece of metal plated, like chrome is done.
  • It would be this top section, except built out aluminum.

• Bit too big for my plating set up. Sorry.
  • I'm curious what ribbon and mid you're using. It looks like a very cool design!

Jim

6thplanet said:
    It would be this top section, except built out aluminum.

• Heay Roman, what if it was just this piece, it's 12"x12"

• I thought @PWRRYD had an in with plating?
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • I've been talking to him about anodizing, but he mentioned that they also do plating. I think a bronze anodize is what I want for this project, unfortunately his company doesn't offer that color. I have some powder coat I think I'll try on it.
  • We do copper plating.  Unfortunately we also do cadmium and silver plating on that same line and it is super busy right now.  I wouldn't be able to sneak anything through so we would be looking at a long lead time and a pretty hefty minimum charge.
  • edited May 2019
    You could get a very thin copper sheet and just clad aluminum with it.

• Maybe reach out to Javad, perhaps he has a contact for plating being in the auto accessories industry (?)
  • You could probably paint and get the color your want. There is not really any wear/ durability concerns.
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • You could probably paint and get the color your want. There is not really any wear/ durability concerns.
    Excellent point John.
  • I have a powder coating kit
  • Eastwood?
  • Yup, I've had it for prolly 16-17 years. I use to do it as a side job. It easily payed for itself 3 times over. Works great, I highly recommend it.

• Just a few things I've done with it.
  • I've loved everything I've ever purchased from Eastwood.
  • That lamp kills it! 
  • We use a company called Repliform at work.  They do a decent job, but they're not cheap and I don't have any pull as we hardly ever need their services.  They can coat with just about anything though. 

Dan