Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Another strangling from Rival

2»

Comments

• I'm VERY interested in the 10!
  • This is all dictated by price and MOQ. I've seen a few of their 10'' but they are OEM only for now. Nice frame, 2'' VC and various cone materials including metal.
  • Gowa said:
    We are working on the 8's but they are not a priority for me. More people want small mid-woofers, so those will be first place. Starting in May we should see a variety of 5.5'' drivers and then the 8's and also working on the 10''.
    The 5.5 makes a great mid-woofer for a small 2 way.
    I'd be interested in a 120mm for a pure mid in a 3 way.
    Although the "pure" CF 152 was "sexy", that's not a big concern for me. SQ is paramount in my book.

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • We won't be carrying the 120's.  I like the 152's and will pursue those.
  • Gowa said:
    We are working on the 8's but they are not a priority for me. More people want small mid-woofers, so those will be first place. Starting in May we should see a variety of 5.5'' drivers and then the 8's and also working on the 10''.
    I would be down for a pair of 5.5's =)
  • These look like very nice drivers.  Would someone please explain for me the relationship between Gowa, RAD, Rival?  The members here seem to be very positive about the Rival drivers, and Gowa seems to always have some sales, or specials.  Many times, such as in this post, Gowa states they are all sold out. Is this special R&D stuff?  Just a different way of doing business? 

I see that RAD also sells other drivers, so it looks to me like they are a distributor.  Is Gowa the owner, or saleman for that?  I live close enough to Madisound to be able to go there while on normal business trips, but I'm always interested in new products, and better deals.  The Rival drivers, especially the carbon ones, look very, very nice.
  • Are you CIA?
    rjj45kennyk
  • I got the 7" CF drivers today and i am pretty impressed.  Interesting that the motor is visible under the spider.

When i get my copy of Soundeasy in the mail i will measure them up and see how they perform.

Thanks Gowa for the opportunity to get these.

• Archer 60x:  wow, very nice.  Look forward to seeing the results on those 7". 

Gowa:  Nope. not CIA.  Last I knew they were too busy trying to figure out how to deal with post 911 problems, and might be too busy to worry about speaker components, even if they do come from Canada.   It is doubtful they are being used in nefarious plots to undermine the security of the USA.  I read some posts about the products, and just want to know more about who I'd be dealing with.  Everyone on this site seems to know you personally, but I'm new, and I don't have any experience with those products.
  • ReelFan said:
    Archer 60x:  wow, very nice.  Look forward to seeing the results on those 7". 

Gowa:  Nope. not CIA.  Last I knew they were too busy trying to figure out how to deal with post 911 problems, and might be too busy to worry about speaker components, even if they do come from Canada.   It is doubtful they are being used in nefarious plots to undermine the security of the USA.  I read some posts about the products, and just want to know more about who I'd be dealing with.  Everyone on this site seems to know you personally, but I'm new, and I don't have any experience with those products.

I am the most handsome, and talented person in the world. A full release of my bio with pictures is available for the low price of $5,999.99. :)

I own RAD and distributor/representative for Rival Acoustics. Sometimes I get deals from Rival’s OEM customers who have blemished, overstock or off-warranty items that I offer to this forum which is the best group of people in DIY. As a DIYer myself, I understand deals and do my best to find them and present them to the folks here. Sometimes I offer them to other forums, but very rarely.

• Gowa:  Got it.  Thanks for the info. Those Rival units look really nice, and the price is right too.
  • Just measured a pair of R152-CFC-04s. I warmed them up for approx. 30 min with LF sweeps and bass heavy tunes.

............. could you hum a few bars.
  • I'm surprised that they are not closer than that. Color me disappointed.
    rjj45
  • Maybe with some real break in. 🤞
  • I'll be at Rival on Tuesday and I'll have a little chit-chat. :)
  • I ran both speakers for 5 hrs with a 30 hz sine wave and retested. I used DATS v2 with WTS 3 hardware.

First a repeat without additional break in.

This is with 5hr @ 30 hz sine wave.

• Kenny, Sean will contact you.
  • Pulled out the R152-CFC-04s for a retest. It appears I was having a reoccurring screw up. These are the latest measurements. (recalibrated and remeasured many times). Oh! and no chemicals influenced the results. ;)

jr@macGowa