So I'm really itching to start collecting drivers for my vehicle and have decided on the mid, Scanspeak 10f/8414g, I've already got the substage completed, Aura MR.18.
My next task is deciding on a 6" - 8" woofer, which will go underseat (stock location) and has a VERY difficult constraint on that it needs to be about 3" in depth. I haven't actually pulled the seat to see how much more room I can pull out of it, but have seen guys go 3", and maybe I can go 3.5", but the less work in modifying the better. I'm trying to go 8" but if a 6" fits the bill entirely I wouldn't be against it.
Current options in order of first blush belief of concept:
1. Morel MW-266 /known to work well, shallow solid performer
2. Morel H8.1 / shallow, step-up, bit pricey, works better in the space provided
3. Wavecor WF166TU02 / 6.5", great sensitivity, almost perfect for airspace and natural rolloff, shallow
4. Dayton Esoteric 7"
5. SB Acoustics 8" woofers / whole bunch that I like, sensitive! , pushing the issue of depth, have always wanted to use SB drivers
6. Scanspeak 22W/4534G00 / stick with same line, great power handling and sensitivity, depth is iffy, great match for where I'll probably cross and airspace to do it
I feel like I'm probably splitting hairs here but figured I'd get some suggestions so as to not miss something that a novice like I will likely do, and I know a great deal of you guys have experience with or close to these drivers. I'm open to other ideas as well.
Oh! Woofer goes under front seats, the mid is in the door panel level with the dash and if you guys don't mind was gonna talk tweeter after this, which will be in the sail.