Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Some drivers for sale

edited July 2018 in Classifieds
Cleaning out some drivers that I won't get around to using.

Comments

• edited July 2018
    Whoops
  • edited July 2018
    R120-CFS-04

• R120-CFS-04

• R120-CFS-04 sold
  • Are those woven poly? Kevlar? glass fiber? Aramid?
  • edited July 2018
    R176-CFS-08 = non woven carbon sandwich
    R152-KJC-08 = coated Kevlar
    R176-CPY-08 coated carbon/pulp
    R176-KCB-08 coated Kevlar
    R120-CFS-04 non woven carbon/Kevlar sandwich - Sold
  • R176-CFS-08 = non woven carbon sandwich - Sold
    R152-KJC-08 = coated Kevlar
    R176-CPY-08 coated carbon/pulp - Sold
  • R176-CFS-08 = non woven carbon sandwich - Sold
    R152-KJC-08 = coated Kevlar - Sold
    R176-CPY-08 coated carbon/pulp - Sold
  • Hey Leon - 
    You posted a graph for a R176 in a TL.  I'd really like to try that.
    Can you post the model?

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Sorry, I don't recall. Do you mean the Helios?
  • Gowa said:
    Sorry, I don't recall. Do you mean the Helios?
    May 12 of this year:

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Sorry, I can't find it.
  • Gowa said:
    Sorry, I can't find it.
    Happens to all of us. 
  • It's an age thing. I must start drinking coconut milk.:)
    rjj45
  • I think you were referring to the Taured, designed by Paul Kittenger.

• edited July 2018
    I think you are correct. The Taured is an MTM tower. The drivers are R176-P-08.
    rjj45konfyoused
  • Gowa said:
    I think you are correct. The Taured is an MTM tower. The drivers are R176-P-08.

Perfect! That's just what I wanted to build. I'll ping PaulK

konfyoused
  • Thanks Leon!
    I've been working with Paul Kittinger for the last couple of days, and he has
    worked up MTM and TM MLTL towers for the R176-CP and R176KCB drivers.
    Very similar to the Taured design. I'll post details soon if anyone is interested.
    konfyoused
  • rjj45 said:
    Thanks Leon!
    I've been working with Paul Kittinger for the last couple of days, and he has
    worked up MTM and TM MLTL towers for the R176-CP and R176KCB drivers.
    Very similar to the Taured design. I'll post details soon if anyone is interested.
    I'm always interested in what Paul designs.  I have a 4-pack of the Rival R176-CP's and am looking for ideas.
  • I'll just go ahead and post what he sent. My pitiful Sketchup skills aren't likely to add any value to the design.

• edited August 2018

• edited August 2018

This is Paul Kittinger's MLTL Rival176-CP  MTM design. 

konfyousedGowa
  • That looks good. What are you using for the tweeter?
  • I really haven't decided yet. Top contenders are the CSS LD22 and the new SB ceramic tweeter.  Jeff  Bagby used it for some Javad builds for SB, but still not available retail AFAICT. 

• The beauty of Pauls work is its thoroughness.  This is better than anything I've modeled with those drivers and I 'may' (subtlety intended) just have to incorporate this into mine - whenever I get around to it.  ;)
    rjj45
  • That design from Paul is almost EXACTLY the same design he did for me for my Agendas project a number of years ago.
  • Would the  CSS keep up?
  • I vote the SB ceramic. It sounded great! And no- it's NYA.
  • Gowa said:
    Would the  CSS keep up?
    Darn, probably not, even factoring in BSC losses.
    Might have to go with the SB29RDNC. I like the small form factor - better C2C for a MTM.