Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Passive low level x-over

I got an HTD sub amp given to me and an old MTX Thunder subwoofer so i thought I would make a sub for the house. Only thing is the amp doesn't have a crossover built into it so I was wondering what my options would be for a low level crossover on the rca input. A passive x-over on the sub would need some pretty big parts so thought maybe there is an inexpensive way to do this. I will be running the sub amp off an output from my main amp but it is just a full range signal. 

Comments

• FMods? Cheap and easy
  • hifiside said:
    FMods? Cheap and easy
    Thanks! Exactly what I was looking for :)
  • Open PCD and use the line level formulas
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • You could use a cheap car stereo crossover from Amazon. Not the ultimate in SQ, but you can find them cheap. 
  • Open PCD and use the line level formulas
    I had no idea PCD has line level options. Thanks even though I didn’t ask the question!
  • Tom_S said:
    You could use a cheap car stereo crossover from Amazon. Not the ultimate in SQ, but you can find them cheap. 
    I used an old 12v optimus sub crossover in a home system for years, worked great.
  • dynamo said:
    Tom_S said:
    You could use a cheap car stereo crossover from Amazon. Not the ultimate in SQ, but you can find them cheap. 
    I used an old 12v optimus sub crossover in a home system for years, worked great.
    Yup, and easy enough to power off just about any 12V wall wart.
  • Wow- I have 2 of those units as well! I added a power input port on the chassis and bridged the REM and power terminals with a wired SPST switch. Just don't hit the +12dB switch while powered up!!