Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Downfiring subwoofer

I'm building a sealed downfiring subwoofer with a old 10" MTX sub. I have 1.5" tall feet on the bottom of the box - is that enough space between the sub and the floor? I have more blocks of wood already cut so I can add another 3/4" to the feet.
dynamo

Comments

• edited December 2019
    A Thunder 6000, sweet! That takes me back about 19 years when my first car system consisted of a pair of 12” 6000s and a Thunder 302 amp. I liked the look of the previous gen 5000s and 2150 better but they went NLA for the new stuff. Anyway, back to your post. I personally would prefer a tad more space but give it a shot and if it sounds ok leave it. That’s some nice looking ply btw!
  • I had a Blue Thunder 752 for awhile. You could cook an egg on those, but they did sound good!
  • Wolf said:
    I had a Blue Thunder 752 for awhile. You could cook an egg on those, but they did sound good!
    The hottest Loyd Ivey egg cooker I’ve set my hands on was the old MTX 225HO, one of the original cheater amps. Definitely a little space heater. Ahhh the good old days of car audio.. My apologies Squamishdroc for thoroughly derailing your thread!
  • Plenty of room
  • dynamo said:
    Wolf said:
    I had a Blue Thunder 752 for awhile. You could cook an egg on those, but they did sound good!
    The hottest Loyd Ivey egg cooker I’ve set my hands on was the old MTX 225HO, one of the original cheater amps. Definitely a little space heater. Ahhh the good old days of car audio.. My apologies Squamishdroc for thoroughly derailing your thread!
    No problem - I love talking about old school car audio - over the years I have had lots of old amps, PPI Art Series, HCCA Orions, Hifonics, Soundstreams. Good stuff back in the day!
  • Still have an HCCA 250 Orion.