Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Comments

• Neil have a hand in this? 
  • Looks like these are re-branded Sure boards. I found one video about programming setup from 2017. The software reminds me of the older BSS Soundweb stuff. 
  • All in it gets expensive pretty quick. 
    rjj45
    I have a signature.
  • These are definitely Sure boards that PE has rebranded. Don't think Neil D was involved, since he was a bit smoked that the ADAU1701 could perform about 2x the biquads that you could access in a MiniDSP, for example - plus all the docs look like straight out of the far East.
    I think it's a pretty good value for some applications - the amp with DSP is only $35 with a wiring harness - you could build a powered desktop to compete with some high end names. But yeah, JR, if you want a portable boombox with BLE and USB battery powered, it adds up quickly.
    IIRC, the real problem with the old SURE ADAU1701 boards was that they had no EEPROM, and reset to factory defaults on every powerup cycle. These boards appear to fix that glaring problem.

PWRRYD
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Which one has the amp built in? There a deep board, programming board and I/o board. Does the programming board need to be kept attached? If not then one board should be able to prom multiple dsp boards....
  • Ani - I read that the programming board is only needed for the setup or any time you want to make a change beyond what you have linked the 4 onboard pots to control. I haven't looked at the programming interface yet, but I wonder if you can tweak things live via the bluetooth functionality with that board is still connected. Maybe they have a simple interface to help users build a custom app? 
  • ani_101 said:
    Which one has the amp built in? There a deep board, programming board and I/o board. Does the programming board need to be kept attached? If not then one board should be able to prom multiple dsp boards....
    It looks like programming board only needs to be connected when changing parameters, then you store the "program" in EEPROM.

AMP with DSP:
    https://www.parts-express.com/dayton-audio-dspb-250-2x50w-class-d-audio-amplifier-board-with-dsp--325-126
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • It is pretty cool to have access to this kind of stuff at a diy level.
  • I was looking at the amp w/dsp vs the amp wo. The dsp board is only $4 more. If someone wanted to make a speaker like the sprite this board would cost way less than crossover components and amp vs amp w/dsp.
    rjj45
  • Looks like the dsp kab250 sacrifices Bluetooth. Personally I think BT sounds like garbage but for that kind of application it is kind of a bummer.
    kenrhodesrjj45
  • Hopefully these products don't tend to brick themselves like the Dayton DSP408...
  •  ... after all that aggravation, at least I got a basic minidsp 2x4 out of the deal.    
    rjj45
  • A lot of work for a mini... I hate when companys use there customers. It seems the art of a honest deal is gone. The part should function as advertised.
    rjj45