Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

Rush drummer Neil Peart dead at 67

Rush drummer Neil Peart dead at 67 from brain cancer: 'Rest in peace brother'

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/rush-drummer-neil-peart-dead-220338138.html

Comments

• My favorite Canadian musician also died of brain cancer. Very sad learning of Neil dying. 
    I have a signature.
  • That sucks! I know he wasn't well after their last tour :'( Going to play that show all night!
  • I've seen several "Top Drummer" surveys and he usually ends up being 2nd, 3rd, or maybe even 4th in those.  I don't get it.  I've seen Rush live 4 times and have listened to their albums since 1978.  He has always been #1 drummer in my book.  A greatly talented drummer.  I personally wish he wasn't so into the occult, but I won't comment any further on that here.  RIP Neil.
  • I did not know about his occult interest.  That is too bad.  
  • Off to play the big gig in the sky! Massively missed!
  • If there was a better drummer than Neil I'd like to know who. Fantastically talented.
  • I saw a really cool documentary about how he switched from holding the drum sticks contemporary style to tradional.  It also talked about how he went on a hiatus when his wife was killed in an accident.  I hope my earlier comment about his interest in the occult isn't construed as I think he was a devil worshiper or he sold his soul to the devil.  No one can judge anothers' soul.
  • I was shocked to hear this news yesterday. I watched that documentary a few weeks ago. I thought it was amazing that someone of his stature would seek out ways to improve his technique and challenge himself. He will be greatly missed.