Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

gluing ABS sheet?

I'm thinking about repurposing some vintage cabinets by gluing on a sheet of textured ABS plastic to the wood cabinets.
I Googled, and came up with several suggestions, but no definitive solution.
Anybody done something like this?

But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!

Comments

• No experience with this specific product, but I have glued plastic to wood as in a tub surround. You could use tub surround adhesive I'm sure, just spread it out good so there's no Lumps.
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.
  • I regularly glue PVC to wood with epoxy.  Rough up to 80 grit and mix the crap out of the epoxy.  I would avoid the 5 minute stuff if you are gluing panels
     John H, btw forum has decided I don't get emails
  • Thanks guys - went down to the shop to try Gorilla Glue and some epoxies, and found that one of my favorite quick glues lists ABS and wood - DAP Rapid Fuse. So I gave that a quick try. It worked great! repositionable for 3 minutes, fully cured in 30 minutes.

https://www.amazon.com/DAP-00157-Rapid-Curing-Adhesive/dp/B01DA6X1OC/ref=sr_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=rapidfuse&qid=1592787699&sr=8-3
    6thplanet
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!