Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

AudioPur PLA200-6 Plannar Tweeter

Well, here we go. I received a pair of these https://www.madisoundspeakerstore.com/ribbon-tweeters/audiopur-pla200-6-planar-ribbon-tweeter-200mm/ from Madisound and did some quickie measurements.
Pic #1 DATS measurement
Pic #2 FR and Dist graph front.
Pic #3 FR and Dist graph rear
Measurements on a 1.5' x 1.5' baffle @ 2.5' with arta.
............. could you hum a few bars.
JasonP

Comments

• Good to know the mfr supplied charts appear reasonably accurate. From the looks of it, could be a killer tweeter to use in a MiniDSP setup - otherwise that rise towards ssssssssssssssssss town at 10k might be hard to deal with passively.
    I have a signature.
  • Given it looks ok to cross at 400 hz steeply, I wonder why they just didn't call it a midrange planar. Thanks Kenny!
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • Glad to break the ice.
  • looks like a good mid. 4 of this per side could make an interesting line array.
    What was the voltage for these tests?
  • I didn't measure the voltage.
  • Look what turned up on meniscus.meniscusaudio.com/tianle-m-105.html
  • Why would someone want the NEO-8 with this being available?
  • I bought a pair. Their physical appearance is flawless. It will be a while before I have them mounted and can hear them. I'm looking for a small format tweeter to use above them. Probably 5-6kHz and up. Any suggestions?
  • Anything will work that high. I'd probably opt for a smallish ribbon like Fountek.
    rjj45
  • Anything will work that high. I'd probably opt for a smallish *AMT like...

There I fixed that for you Roman. Kidding of course, I'm not sure an AMT would have much over a Ribbon that high up honestly. It is just AMT is all the craze it seems right now,
    = Howard Stark: "This is the key to the future. I'm limited by the technology of my time, but one day you'll figure this out."
  • I've only heard a couple of AMT systems. One was Hail (if it's truly AMT). They were pricey.
    Cheaper AMTs that Dayton sells have a wonky response and I don't see much of a point in using expensive tweeter after 6k. . Not bashing AMTs, just don't have much experience with them.
    JasonP
  • I found a pair of NLA Vifa NE19VTY-04 on my shelf. Super small format frame. I think LouC used them in one of his small 2 way designs and peiple were disappointed the tweeter went NLA.
  • Typo.... should be NE19VTT-04
  • Dayton mini amt on top? Small and cheapo good for super tweet?
  • I think the PLA200 deserves a beston dipolar for some OB action. Just add woofer of choise.
    Face
  • Man you read my mind Kenny.  The RT002A is on sale right now and I have a pair on the way!
  • Kenny, did you ever do anything with your pair of PLA200-6?

I'm just now starting a build with my pair.  They won't be dipole though.
  • i forgot what these look like. can you post some snaps?
  • Looks exactly like a B&G Neo 8.
  • With a Kapton film diaphragm instead of a Kaladex one.

• PWRRYD said:
    Kenny, did you ever do anything with your pair of PLA200-6?

I'm just now starting a build with my pair.  They won't be dipole though.
    Still in the boxes.