Please review the site Rules, Terms of Service, and Privacy Policy at your convenience. Rules, TOS, Privacy
Get familiar with the reaction system: Introducing the Reaction System

New table saw options

I'm looking to upgrade my table saw. Currently I am using one of the Dewalt contractor saws (#7480). My biggest complaint is that the mitre slots are not very even so my Incra mitre gauge does not move smoothly from start to finish and my crosscut sled has a bit of side to side movement so it doesn't cut 90 deg all the time. As much as I would like a proper cabinet saw it is not in the budget right now, so I am looking at the Rigid 4520 saw. Anyone have one of these and could comment on the mitre slots/overall opinions of the saw? Also any other options out there in the $500 range?

Comments

• That Rigid 4520 looks nice - I like the milled and polished top, and the 4 inch dust collection port.

I always lust after the Delta 36-725T2 at Lowes - list price is $599, so a little cheaper than the Rigid.
    The Delta has locking bevel and height adjustments, which can be critical for certain projects.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/DELTA-Contractor-Saws-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Blade-15-Amp-Table-Saw/1001385562

I do not have hands on experience with either one.
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Does it have to be new? Maybe a used one for more features/size?
  • 6thplanet said:
    Does it have to be new? Maybe a used one for more features/size?

I have been looking but not much on the used market where I live unfortunately 
  • rjj45 said:
    That Rigid 4520 looks nice - I like the milled and polished top, and the 4 inch dust collection port.

I always lust after the Delta 36-725T2 at Lowes - list price is $599, so a little cheaper than the Rigid.
    The Delta has locking bevel and height adjustments, which can be critical for certain projects.
    https://www.lowes.com/pd/DELTA-Contractor-Saws-10-in-Carbide-Tipped-Blade-15-Amp-Table-Saw/1001385562

I do not have hands on experience with either one.
    Not available in Canada - and the one Delta saw that shows on the site is over $800cdn
  • Several years ago, I bought a Delta entry level contractor saw that I've been really happy with. Every cut is repeatable which really helps a cobbler like me. It looks like it is still available at a variety of places. Even Lowes carries it;

Delta® 10" 36-725 Table Saw 

HTH

Jim

• Here in the USA we have Craigslist, and I have regularly seen top rated table saws going cheap.
    Seems like the bigger and heavier they are (the kind you want) - the cheaper they are.
    Good luck. If you can wait, you can save a lot of money.
    DanP
    But Chahly - Stahkist don't want speakers that look good, Stahkist wants speakers that sound good!
  • Man, I love my 7491RS, but I don't really use the slots on the table, if at all.  I need to start using a sled more.....
  • joeybutts said:
    Man, I love my 7491RS, but I don't really use the slots on the table, if at all.  I need to start using a sled more.....
    Dude - improves accuracy and improves safety!
  • I feel it's damn accurate as is!  But the safety thing..... yeah.... I'm really lucky to this point I have every knuckle and digit.....
  • I bought a $200 used saw and upgraded the fence with a $300 accusquare and couldn't be happier. Old photos. Just look through your local classifieds for something with a good cast iron surface and a big motor. I was happy that mine came with some nice wheels and a 18 Amp motor that can be rewired for 240V
    DanP
    I'm not deaf, I'm just not listening.